Streaming 4K

bluejoe247

bluejoe247

Hello,

trying to  stream 4K content from EMBY server to Samsung QN65;  The video pauses many times and pixelates (is that a word?) a lot.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-remux-50b5721f-d36c-43e5-8aa0-6b0cda6afe61_1.txt

hardware_detection-63701195166.txt

Have you tried lowering the in app quality setting so that it transcodes? This is very high bitrate content, it may just be too much data to push across at a fast enough rate to be playable.

FrostByte

Looks like it's converting DTS-HD to AC3.  Mine does the same thing when converting DTS reported in another thread.  Unfortunately, starting 2018 Samsung TVs no longer play DTS. 

Try selecting a AC3 track and I bet it Direct Plays.

Edited by FrostByte

SamES

There seems to be a problem with DirectStreaming or transcoding high bitrate/4K content.  I see the same issue on Samsung and LG TV's

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

FrostByte

There seems to be a problem with DirectStreaming or transcoding high bitrate/4K content.  I see the same issue on Samsung and LG TV's

Yep, I don't recall ever having any problems with the app converting DTS when its 1080p.   Which seems kind of odd since it's not converting the video at all.

Luckily I have an AC3 track in all my 4K content though which I can choose from

Edited by FrostByte