Really Strange Crash

dcrdev

dcrdev

So for a couple of months now I've been living with an issue that causes Kodi to freeze on playback after booting 50% of the time. Essentially when Kodi first starts, if you attempt to play anything after the addon connects to Emby it will freeze; however if you quickly go in and play something before the addon connects to Emby it will play and everything will subsequently be absolutely fine.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue - as I get the same result on multiple machines running Jarvis 16.1 ?

Here's the interesting part - I would post a debug log but Kodi doesn't actually crash so there's nothing in the log; what happens is the interface just becomes unresponsive - I can still connect to the web interface, use Emby web to control Kodi and use the kodi-send command line.

I'm now looking to do something with my htpc that will require regularly stopping/starting Kodi, so that's why I want to get this otherwise tolerable issue sorted now.

Edited by dcrdev

Angelblue05

Can you confirm the issue happens while using the default skin Confluence? Are you using add-on or native playback mode? If you are using add-on playback, try native playback mode, you'll have to reset your local database. Can you post your log anyway, just in case. Thanks