Repeated Library Scans and Missing Content

feardamhan

feardamhan

Hi All

My system has been acting a little strange lately. Running the 3.0.6070.0 server build. 

For some time, the system will randomly find a file or two and treat them as 'new' though they have been there for years. I never thought to much about it.

Lately however (in the past two weeks) the library is acting very strange. Thumbnails for almost all TV series not showing etc. Each time I check, there is an extremely long running library scan in progress. One that will 45-50 mins even though there is no new content. Once complete the system acts ok for maybe 24hrs, and then starts again. Tonight, an entire folder of content was absent when I launched emby,

Summary of side effects

1. Regular discovery of random 'new' file thats been there for ages.

2. Occasional loss of entire section of content.

3. Regular extremely long running scans.

4. When scanning for missing content, it downloads metadata (but only season posters) for all seasons of a tv show, even when only one season is present.

I'm attaching a server log from tonights scan. I suspect its related to Clean Database activity which I've been seeing a lot of (it was running when I woke the system from sleep tonight too). I've disabled the Clean Database trigger to see if this improves matters over the next couple of days.

Thoughts welcome!

server_log.txt

Edited by feardamhan

It sounds like you're taking your media offline? I would just adjust your library scan schedule in server-> scheduled task to something that makes more sense for you when the content will be available.

feardamhan

Hi Luke

The content is on a NAS drive and available at all times (those drives don't even use eco-mode to spin down the drive internally). Add that to the fact that all the folders I have as library locations are all sub-folders shared off of the same NAS share, so if it were the NAS, then they should either all all be available or all be unavailable at any given time, yet the server is only losing access to random files and folders.

The only system that sleeps is the server itself until I wake it via remote.

Cheers

Ken