Dealing with Library going Awol?

dragon2611

dragon2611

It seems when the storage holding the library folders goes Awol it really upsets emby in the sense that Emby will then remove everything and have to re-discover it once the library storage returns.

Sadly because my storage is a CIFS mount it does occasionally happen when auto-mount fails to mount it for whatever reason, it's then possible to get into a state where Emby knows the contents there but hasn't re-probed it yet so it will usually either not play or it will transcode unnecessarily 

Is there anyway to prevent it removing/rediscovering stuff it he library folder is reported as either path not found or empty during a scan?

Also I'm wondering if removing Music will make things easier as I rarely play music from emby anyway and it would remove a chunk of stuff it would need to scan through.

I would just adjust the schedule of the library scan to make sure that it runs when the media is available.

dragon2611

Sadly Luke that is not possible, as the media folder should be available all the time however if I catch it at just the wrong moment (Say during an update to the storage VM) or emby starts the scan just a bit to quickly after a restart of that container it's occasionally possible that the autoFS doesn't fire and mount it, resulting in the library directory not being present.

I run autoFS as I found it was the most reliable way to auto mount a CIFS share and have it remount if the storage VM became unavailable.

The last occurrence was yesterday but I suspect that was related to the fact I was rebuilding the Raid after replacing a failing drive and thus whilst the storage backend was online it was being rather sluggish to respond (It only has 2cores of a C2750 atom)