All Collection Images Disappeared

theusedversion

theusedversion

So just now all the collection images just disappeared.  Every single one of them.  It's happened before that a few here and there would disappear.  But never all of them at once.  Here are some images as proof and the most recent log.  Hope this helps.

8JjynmW.jpgenpMsU6.jpg

log.txt

theusedversion

On closer inspection, I found that 14 out of 360 collections are showing the correct image.  And those 14 are the most recent 14 collections to have been added.  If I open up Edit Images, it shows movie covers instead of the actor's profile pic that I uploaded.  But if I go to the AppData folder, the profile pic is there.  I tried copying/pasting the poster.jpg file in each folder and renaming the duplicate to folder.jpg just to see if it would affect anything and it didn't.  *shrugs*

theusedversion

Another update.  Upon closer inspection again, I am noticing movies actually missing from the collections that I know were there before.  I havent' noticed this before but I also haven't been looking for it.  But this may be temporary like the profile images which will usually reappear at some point in the future.  So I tried adding one of the missing movies to a collection and it works but it also causes the profile image to come back for the actor instead of the movie cover it was showing.  *shrugs* :D

So:
I create collections
I upload my own cover image for each collection
That cover image disappears at infrequent times but will reappear in the future if I do nothing
Now, movies are also disappearing from collections but I'm not sure if they will reappear like the images do
Adding the missing movies back to the collection will make the uploaded image reappear again as well as adding the movie to the collection

theusedversion

Another update:  So not all collections are missing movies.  So I found a collection that wasn't missing a movie.  And then I tried to add a movie to it's collection even though that movie was already in the collection and this did not make the uploaded image reappear again.  It still shows the movie cover image.  Not sure if that is useful or not.  Adding a movie to a collection only makes the uploaded image reappear if it's a new movie not already in the collection.

theusedversion

Ooooh, I found some more interesting stuff.  Ok, so I opened up Emby on my phone.  All the collections are showing movie covers instead of the uploaded images that I put up.  Except for those 14 that I described above as well as the ones that I added a folder.jpg to the folder in the AppData folder.  And then I rechecked it.  So I renamed some more, closed down Emby on my phone, restarted it, and the uploaded image shows instead of the movie cover.  :)  That has to mean something, right?

Edit:  In case that wasn't clear, I wasn't expecting the collections that I added a folder.jpg to show up with the uploaded images.  That was new.  So i retested it to make sure.  Picked a collection that was showing movie covers, added the folder.jpg image in the collection's appdata folder, and then restarted Emby on my phone to see if it changed.  It does.  It will show the uploaded image now instead of the movie cover.

Edited by theusedversion

theusedversion

Most of them are starting to reappear now on their own without me doing anything.  So my experiment time is over.  More than half of them have returned so far.

Edit: They have all returned now.  I think it's just a coincidence but they all started to return when I opened up Windows Explorer to C:\Users\Parker\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections and then changed the view to Large Thumbnails which made my computer bring up the images instead of just showing the file icon.  Doubt that has any relevance but thought I would share nonetheless.

Edited by theusedversion