Some thoughts from a switching plex user...

chander421

chander421

Hi,

First, thanks for all the great work you've put into emby. I really appreciate the various improvements since media browser 3.

Switching from plex to emby for various reasons, i just miss some useful plex media server features:

1) Is there a way to sort libraries by "date added" in the metadata manager? Because when i need to edit new movies (for instance), i must constantly  go from the library/media  view  to the metadata manager only to identify these new movies, especially when i need to edit many newly added movies. Maybe the new metadata editor pop up wiil solve this problem but it doesn't seem to work when non locally editing libraries (emby connect) and it lacks the refresh button...

2) There is a great lack of filters in the media view, especially for movies, mainly filters "by directors", "by actors", "by countries" and "by decades": when managing huge collection of movies, it's very important to quickly find, for example, all the 50's Billy Wilder's movies you have or all the sweden movies not directed by Ingmar Bergman you miss (^^).

I don't want to criticize emby, just looking for a perfect alternative to Plex. Anyway, i've just bought one year of emby premiere to support you.

Thanks for the staff's commitment to quality!

Cerothen

1) I don't think that there is a way to sort the metadata manager however a reasonable alternative that is in place now is if you go to your movie list and you can sort that based on date added. The latest beta in emby made it so that the metadata edit windows are popups so you can edit a specific movie from the main movie list with ease.

2) There used to be a 'people' view in emby but it seems in the current beta Version 3.0.5868.0 (and maybe for a while before?) this view was taken out for some reason or another perhaps someone that knows better can be of assistance.

2b) There is a way to sort by by movie year under the regular movies view however I agree it might be nice to have these presorted into decades that are then expandable into sub checkmarks for individual year.

Hi, welcome. We keep the online web client in sync with the latest stable release, so that's why it does not yet have the features of the new beta server. Once the beta goes stable, then it will have the same metadata editing features.

As for the refresh button, do you need it in the editing popup? It is already there on the same screen that you use to open the popup editor.

As for the refresh button, do you need it in the editing popup? It is already there on the same screen that you use to open the popup editor.

Actually, that's the menu it is missing from now:

56bb884ea748a_norefresh.png