TV shows not appearing in KODI despite showing in EMBY DB

xellinus

xellinus

So I'm running the latest stable kodi and emby on the same machine (I also have Kodi loaded on a tablet and my droid phone). Certain shows load up just fine in Kodi while other's load the show title but load no episodes.  I've checked in EMBY metainfo manager and it shows the episodes are recognized and even load data from tvdb.

I'm not sure what the issue is but the shows aren't displaying on any of my kodi installations.

Thanks in advance.

post-111737-0-51648500-1454607668_thumb.png

Edited by xellinus

xellinus

More data: On the webapp the show doesn't seem to be reporting season/episode right.  (Seen in attached screen cap #1 post-111737-0-57977800-1454617524_thumb.png

But the metadata SEEMS to be correct. (doesn't look any different from metadata for shows that DO work). 

Confused and eager to get this to work. I am otherwise loving Emby, thanks :)

Edit: MORE INFO! MORE WEIRDNESS! MORE ANNOYING USER! =) just trying to wrap my head around it all.

So looking at The Flash it has files in the meta listed extra (pic 2 post-111737-0-04850200-1454619740_thumb.png) and shows up on the webapp weird (pic 3 post-111737-0-40931600-1454619746_thumb.png) and outside the seasons but on KODI it displays just what's in the seasons.  I don't think I have duplicate files (i'm actually at work right now and can't check).

Edited by xellinus

arztonyou

Are you using Emby TV and the auto-organize feature or another program to rename your episodes?  I've occasionally had issues where the name under which the show was recorded didn't match the name it was saved under in Emby, so the server didn't recognize the episodes.  Or issues where my naming scheme wasn't quite right and the server and/or a client wouldn't correctly display the episodes, especially for shows with hyphens, commas, apostraphes and so forth.

• Like 1

xellinus

Hmm no renaming here. It just drops from the torrent client into the show's folder based on RSS rules.  But it's just the name from the torrent file.

Angelblue05

In your directory structure, are your episodes actually contained in a season folder or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xellinus

Some are some aren't.  Some are mixed. It's a whole bag of things. For a while when I used to manually get shows I'd move them there myself to organize them. Now that I have a RSS feed for my shows it auto downloads them and just puts them in the show's root folder.

I was hoping that EMBY would be able to, when scanning my video folder, organize based on file name since nearly everything is "Showname.SxxExx.mpv" or what not (to be fair it's more like \videos\tv-live\showname\torrentName\filename) ex: (videos\tv-live\The Flash\the.flash.s02e11.blahblahtorrentcrap.mkv)  That works just fine (most of the time).

Though I guess it would be nicer if I had something move them into their proper organized folder, rename and get rid of the chaff.  I just haven't gotten to that bit yet.

Just went through this issue and I discovered that the metadata has to have season and episode info.  In the case of your X-Files, it doesn't have a Season 10 subdirectory.  It is probably because of the file name.  Change the file name to just have the S10E01 and delete the 720P....  See if that works.

xellinus

Yeah I did that and it didn't help.  I've currently working on trying out the beta version of the server for the devs.

Shall update with progress. :)

Thanks everony!

yardameus

Yeah, if you have the correct metadata, the info will show up how season 1 and 2 of the flash show up.  If it looks like the later seasons or the X-files, than it doesn't have all the correct metadata (no season folder probably the main cause of this).

• 2 weeks later...
Jack Burton

Some are some aren't.  Some are mixed. It's a whole bag of things. For a while when I used to manually get shows I'd move them there myself to organize them. Now that I have a RSS feed for my shows it auto downloads them and just puts them in the show's root folder.

I was hoping that EMBY would be able to, when scanning my video folder, organize based on file name since nearly everything is "Showname.SxxExx.mpv" or what not (to be fair it's more like \videos\tv-live\showname\torrentName\filename) ex: (videos\tv-live\The Flash\the.flash.s02e11.blahblahtorrentcrap.mkv)  That works just fine (most of the time).

Though I guess it would be nicer if I had something move them into their proper organized folder, rename and get rid of the chaff.  I just haven't gotten to that bit yet.

Emby does this really well for me. I have one folder (Called Emby Organize) and point "Emby auto-organize" to this folder from the server. I then have my client move completed downloads to another folder that's being watched by SCRU. SCRU sees a new tv show, and auto extracts the .rar file and throws it into the Emby Organize folder. Emby then watches that folder, sees a new file, renames it and moves it accordingly. Emby picks the new episode up, and bam, no fuss no muss. Love it.

Jack Burton

It's a little program. Point it to a folder and it will watch it in the background. When something new is put into that folder, if it's zipped SCRU will automatically extract the file to a folder you specify. Handy little thing.