Question about posters

wollabille

wollabille

Today i was sitting watching a movie.. After the movie ends all my covers, setting, my several hours of work og tweaking, sorting, making everything looking good in my taste has been reset to what it looked like the first day i tried to sort my folders.

Now i have no fucking clue what has happened, but this is just the end now.. If no one can explain what happened and maybe have it rerolled back to how it was. Then Emby will be the end of me. 

I dont know what info you need, other that i can say that the server adresse and no settings has been changed for several days of me using it! Before the movie everything was fine, when the movie ended  i saw it instantly because the covers were fubar!

PLEASE FUCKING EXPLAIN THIS SHIT.. 

Which client? Which server version? Do you have server logs? Are you logged in as the same user? Can you swear less next time? I understand the frustration but maybe with more relevant context and less abusive language we could give insight what happened?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

wollabille

Kodi, windows 10, no server logs, yes logged in as the same user on 3 systems, when this happened i was logged in to two of the systems. I can't promise sorry, im quite angry right now after so much wasted work! But i will do my best!

Angelblue05

To recap what happened. You watched a movie in Kodi, then when the movie ended, in emby webclient, all the coverart were missing? Or what happened exactly to the posters?

In Kodi, after viewing something, the only thing we tell the server is that the item is watched. I don't see how that would cause artwork to be messed up... Maybe if you can grab a screenshot of what is messed up, then it will give us a better idea of what might have happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deathsquirrel

Do you have Emby set to save metadata and artwork in the media folders?  If not, that can prevent this happening in the future.  If you don't do that your artwork and metadata all live in the emby cache.  That's not a place I'd put files I care about.

I spent a lot of time getting posters that work visually for me; I store them and back them up with the movies I rip since I don't want to redo either.

wollabille

Hi all

I'm sorry for the late answer, but i have been traveling to Finland with work, so there for the late answer.
But i found out that there had been made a change and that was that i have had set "download artwork to folder" because suddently my folders was filled with pictures. Could this have caused this?

And sorry for the outburt, but after having worked 5+ hours it it was just furious

• Like 1