Additional Parts playing?

KHTar

KHTar

I thought I had read somewhere recently on the forums that the additional parts portion of a movie, if it existed, would play automatically when the primary file or part had finished.  Maybe I don't have a setting set correctly because I am still unable to do this.  I usually play the movies either streamed to the emby channel on my roku or directly through the server web interface using an SSH tunnel routed to the server port.  That way I can always connect to my collection with my laptop no matter where I am and I don't leave the emby port open to the public.  Either way I have tried playing multi-part movies and whether at home or using the SSH tunnel, the additional parts are visible in the movie info, and playable when selected separately but won't play automatically when the first part has finished.  Through the roku channel, the additional parts are not even visible or playable on their own.

As an aside, I noticed with the recent server update that the interface for playing movies has changed and this is a nice upgrade, however when selecting to play a movie collection, the "next track" button selects the next movie in the collection and not the next part of the currently playing movie.  This might be working as intended but still the additional part of the first movie can only be played by opening the movie and finding the additional part in its info screen and selecting it to play then.

If there is a setting I can change, please let me know because I thought this had already been addressed though maybe I misunderstood.

Deathsquirrel

They should play back to back automatically.  What are the files named?  Do they follow the naming conventions on the wiki?

KHTar

Yep followed the naming guide as listed.  I don't have a problem with the additional parts being recognized or playing when selected, just won't play automatically.

Example:  I have the Fellowship of the Ring stored as:

M:\Video\Movies\The Fellowship of the Ring\The Fellowship of the Ring-cd1.mkv

M:\Video\Movies\The Fellowship of the Ring\The Fellowship of the Ring-cd2.mkv

All movies stored in M:\Video\Movies\

And this is the folder location for the Movie library listed in Emby.

At this point not every app plays the subsequent parts automatically. It's just one of those things on the list that hasn't been gotten to yet

KHTar

I realize there are multiple apps out there being developed and still being worked on (Roku, Kodi, Android TV, WMC, etc.) I'm patient enough to wait for the features, however I would have expected that the server web interface would have this ability and actually the only reason I posted was because I thought I had read that the function was working.

Found that post here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20753-multi-disc-movies/?p=203112

Maybe I misunderstood the context, if its truly not working still then I can wait for the feature.  Mostly want it for Roku since that's where I usually watch from.

Thanks