Launching Emby classic within NextPVR?

tman

tman

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I'm currently investigating NextPVR as a possible replacement for WMC. I like what I'm seeing so far, but I wondered if there's any way of launching Emby Classic from within NextPVR? I know you can do clever things with entry points, and when Emby Classic updates, it seems to go straight back into the program (bypassing the main WMC screen). That's the type of functionality I'm looking for, but being able to launch from within the NextPVR main GUI.

So, is this possible?

There is a shortcut created on install that will give you the command line to do this - if you can use a command line.

However, I'm puzzled as to how this is going to help you replace WMC since MBC would require it...

tman

Thanks Ebr

I think many are now considering the future, since WMC is going away, and it hasn't had any development in the past 6 years. As Emby has direct integration with NextPVR, I thought I'd check it out. I'm hoping to reduce my dependance on the MS Guide, switch to something that's actually developed, have plugin options, but still have an excellent live TV platform that also allows theming and other customizations. I'm testing it on my main HTPC that already has a full configured WMC/Emby classic installation, but as Classic is *still* the best way to view Emby media, I just want to keep that part of it. If I can launch Classic from within NextPVR, that will be a huge step in considering my options.

So, you say there's a command line to launch it, which is great. I'm assuming though, once launched, backing out of Classic will still take you back to the WMC interface, and not back to the NextPVR one?