Collection folder not showing

ronvp

I just have been rebuilding all my collections and they show up correctly in the web client, but in MBC, they do not show correctly unless I place all the movies in the root directory of my Movie collection

Option 1 - This work correctly:

x:\movies\Spider-man 1\Spider-man 1

x:\movies\Spider-man 2\Spider-man 2

Option 2 - This does not work

x:\movies\Spiderman Movies\Spider-man 1\Spider-man 1.mp4

x:\movies\Spiderman Movies\Spider-man 2\Spider-man 2.mp4

Option 2 works great in the Webclient and I much preffer to use the second option, to avoid major cluttering of my movies collection, some collections have 15 movies in them and allowing them to be in a sub directory makes it a lot easier to work with..

Here is what I get when I use option 2

54a74f9ba9e96_Capture.jpg

i think it should work but just putting them in a folder doesn't make them a collection. you still need to tag them as such using the web interface. or use the old mb2 method

i think it should work but just putting them in a folder doesn't make them a collection. you still need to tag them as such using the web interface. or use the old mb2 method

I had them all working well for years, using the old [boxset] method, but followed the teams advice to start using the new method. So have done that and it all shows up good in the web client or even in MBC Collections view just not in the general views. Here is a picture from the web client. It is all configured correctly..

54a75428a45bb_Capture.jpg

Edited by ronvp

Also, for some reason, the collection.xml files keep loading up with Shares tags each time you edit the collection

See here

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Item>

<ContentRating>R</ContentRating>

<Added>1/1/2015 11:00:13 AM</Added>

<LockData>false</LockData>

<Overview><![CDATA[An action film series based on the 1998 comic series of the same name by Frank Miller.]]></Overview>

<LocalTitle>300 Collection</LocalTitle>

<DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>

<TMDbId>125570</TMDbId>

<CollectionItems>

<CollectionItem>

<Path>\\xxxxxmp4</Path>

</CollectionItem>

<CollectionItem>

<Path>\\xxxxxxmp4</Path>

</CollectionItem>

</CollectionItems>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

<Shares>

</Shares>

</Item>

I just tried it in the windows 8.1 app. It has the same problem.

Also, when I select the item either in mbc or the windows 8.1 app the collection does show up correctly. It appears that just the image is not provided to the client

Edited by ronvp

I'm not understanding why you want to use the physical structure of option 2 when you said you created the collections with the web interface (or used auto box sets, not sure which).  If you did that, then you should be able to use the flat structure physically and then view them however you wish in the clients.  Just turn on the "Collapse movies into box sets" option in MBC and on the server.

It is about being able to manage my library in the future. Having it all lumped on a single folder makes it hard to manage my library.  Again, It appears to be all working, but the server is just not providing the image to the client..

Forgot to mention I used the web interface to create the collections. I think it allows me more control in the future..

Besides the messy  structure of piling all movies (those belonging to collections total over 150) in a single folder, here are 2 more reasons why I like the ability to have sub folders for collections

1 - When I use some of my DLNA clients, (mainly samsung TV's), it takes a lot longer to load when using the build in DNLA browser or even the Mediabrowser DLNA server for that matter.

2 - Doing any sort of maintenance work on the images (as in making them more uniform and appear from the same collection) is a night mare if the movies are grouped in a single directory.

Edited by ronvp

I just tried to do it with Boxset plug in and it has the same issue. The only way to use sub folders for boxsets is using the old method [boxset]. I am going back to that..

I found a workaround

1. Shut down the server
  2. remove [boxset] flag from collection folder name
  3. rename collection.xml to folder.xml
  4. optionally add  "<Type>BoxSet</Type>" tag in the folder.xml file. (This will cause coverart to do the same treatment as the regular collections)
  5. Start the server and create collections using autobox set plugin or the web interface
  6. leave all other content as it is

Here is what I ended up with

.\movies

.\Name-of-movie collection

.\movie1

.\movie2

.\folder.xml

.\images

So structure is essentially the same, just rename collection.xml to folder.xml and remove the [boxset] flag

This appears to work for MBC the windows phone app and the windows 8.1 app

I used "Advanced Renamer" to batch rename files and Folders

Edited by ronvp

There is no comparison because we are trying to get away from defining these things with physical file structures.

We are currently re-writing all the docs (with help from the community) and I don't think we've gotten to Collections (Box Sets) yet but you basically just create them with the web client.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm assuming this is the same problem I am having? 

Folder images are no longer displaying but interestingly in the metadata manager I can see that the dynamic images are infact there but as shown in the screenshot they dont appear for some strange reason? 

Even setting my own images does not fix this issue, the images are not displaying?

If there is a workaround for now let me know thanks.

post-59900-0-65123800-1442882710_thumb.png