crusher11 1334 Posted February 5, 2021 Posted February 5, 2021 On a movie or episode's item details screen, if it's in one or more collections there's an "Included In" section which lists the collection(s) that item is, well, included in. It would be nice to have "Remove from Collection" as an option on the three-dot menu of these collections, to enable quickly removing an item from multiple collections, or quickly removing an item from a collection if the error is spotted on the item details screen. 5 1
Luke 43217 Posted February 5, 2021 Posted February 5, 2021 Hi, yes this makes sense. We can add this. Thanks for the feedback.
mgworek 136 Posted December 22, 2023 Posted December 22, 2023 @GrimReaperSorry for posting in a different topic than this one but I did a search for "Remove from Collection" and this topic wasn't in the first 2 pages of results but the other one is. Searching for exactly what you are looking for isn't the easiest these days here. I am not trying to be a dick, just letting you know.
GrimReaper 5182 Posted December 22, 2023 Posted December 22, 2023 No worries, it's actually my bad that I didn't caught duplicate topic sooner. Cheers.
crusher11 1334 Posted March 19 Author Posted March 19 Bumping this to add that the same should be true for removing from a playlist. With the new home screen features, we can effectively emulate the Watchlish feature available on most streaming services, but we'd have to navigate to the list in order to remove things after watching them rather than being able to do so directly from the item details screen.
ebr 16860 Posted March 19 Posted March 19 5 hours ago, crusher11 said: but we'd have to navigate to the list in order to remove things after watching them Set the section to only unwatched and this will take care of itself. However, this is still a valid request.
crusher11 1334 Posted March 19 Author Posted March 19 28 minutes ago, ebr said: Set the section to only unwatched and this will take care of itself. Not if I have something on my watchlist because I want to re-watch it.
crusher11 1334 Posted March 19 Author Posted March 19 7 minutes ago, Luke said: Have you checked again to see if it's there? What do you mean?
crusher11 1334 Posted March 21 Author Posted March 21 On 3/20/2026 at 2:36 AM, crusher11 said: What do you mean? @Luke?
Happy2Play 9840 Posted March 21 Posted March 21 On 3/19/2026 at 11:36 AM, crusher11 said: On 3/19/2026 at 11:28 AM, Luke said: Have you checked again to see if it's there? What do you mean? It is there in my test in 4.10.0.6 1
crusher11 1334 Posted March 21 Author Posted March 21 It's there for collections (in which case this should have been marked as completed), but it's not there for playlists.
Happy2Play 9840 Posted March 21 Posted March 21 5 hours ago, crusher11 said: It's there for collections (in which case this should have been marked as completed), but it's not there for playlists. True but that is not the same request.
crusher11 1334 Posted March 21 Author Posted March 21 But that's the whole reason I bumped this thread: On 3/19/2026 at 3:09 PM, crusher11 said: Bumping this to add that the same should be true for removing from a playlist.
crusher11 1334 Posted June 10 Author Posted June 10 In addition for this also applying to playlists, it should also be possible to remove an item from a playlist on the home screen if that playlist is used as a home screen section.
Luke 43217 Posted June 10 Posted June 10 4 minutes ago, crusher11 said: In addition for this also applying to playlists, it should also be possible to remove an item from a playlist on the home screen if that playlist is used as a home screen section. Yes makes sense.
crusher11 1334 Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 On 6/11/2026 at 3:17 AM, crusher11 said: In addition for this also applying to playlists, it should also be possible to remove an item from a playlist on the home screen if that playlist is used as a home screen section. Very keen for this to be added. I have a Watchlist at the top of my home screen, but removing items from it once I've watched them is currently a chore. 1
crusher11 1334 Posted 18 hours ago Author Posted 18 hours ago Not sure what to make of @Lukethanking that comment just now...
ebr 16860 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago On 9/26/2026 at 11:20 AM, crusher11 said: I have a Watchlist at the top of my home screen, but removing items from it once I've watched them is currently a chore Why not just add a playstate filter to the home screen section?
crusher11 1334 Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago 6 minutes ago, ebr said: Why not just add a playstate filter to the home screen section? Because it's a list of things I want to watch in the near future, irrespective of whether I've previously watched them or not. If I watched a movie ten years ago and decide now that I'd like to go back to it soon, I can add it to my watchlist and have it appear.
ebr 16860 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago 24 minutes ago, crusher11 said: Because it's a list of things I want to watch in the near future, irrespective of whether I've previously watched them or not. If I watched a movie ten years ago and decide now that I'd like to go back to it soon, I can add it to my watchlist and have it appear. Wouldn't also marking it "unwatched" at the time you add it to that list take care of this - and then everything would work automatically without you having to manually remove it?
crusher11 1334 Posted 57 minutes ago Author Posted 57 minutes ago 1 hour ago, ebr said: Wouldn't also marking it "unwatched" at the time you add it to that list take care of this - and then everything would work automatically without you having to manually remove it? I mean, if I didn't want my watched/unwatched data to be accurate, I guess, although you'd also eventually end up with the playlist containing basically every movie on the server and I'd instead have to change its watch status to get it to appear on the list, and the list would no longer be in the correct order. Or, like every other service that offers a watchlist function, you could provide an easy way to remove things from said list.
ebr 16860 Posted 47 minutes ago Posted 47 minutes ago 8 minutes ago, crusher11 said: although you'd also eventually end up with the playlist containing basically every movie on the server Why do you say that? 9 minutes ago, crusher11 said: Or, like every other service that offers a watchlist function, you could provide an easy way to remove things from said list We don't actually have a "watchlist" function. You are just finding a way to create one with the features we do have and I'm just offering suggestions for how you may be able to make it work better for you. Take them or leave them.
crusher11 1334 Posted 40 minutes ago Author Posted 40 minutes ago 6 minutes ago, ebr said: Why do you say that? Because nothing would ever actually be removed from the playlist, merely hidden on the home screen. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now