Jump to content

Recommended Posts

AngelSing
Posted
4 hours ago, Beachie said:

Hello @roaku

First of all, thank you very much for further developing the plug-in. It seems to be working with the collections now. However, I still have a small problem with the display:

image.png.3bed6b2447cdb8b12f2ac2399ccd6841.png

The image is now displayed slightly smaller at the top and bottom.

(Emby Version 4.9.4.1 beta)

Sorry, that's been taken care of. It was due to the stored image; it displays correctly with a different image.

Best regards

Kay

This is not a problem with the plugin, but rather because the image aspect ratio is not suitable. Try using images with a 2:3 aspect ratio; in my case, I use images that are 2000 pixels wide by 3000 pixels high. They can be other dimensions, but they must respect the 2:3 aspect ratio.

  • Agree 1
roaku
Posted
On 1/14/2026 at 9:36 AM, GrimReaper said:

Seeing you've been doing some updates, could you look into this one as well, as those episode badges are still overly large? Thanks.

This should be fixed in 2.8.2, now in the catalog.

  • Thanks 1
GrimReaper
Posted
17 minutes ago, roaku said:

This should be fixed in 2.8.2, now in the catalog.

Looking good with 2.8.2, thanks.

  • Like 1
Beachie
Posted

Hello 😉

Inverted display of badge icons!? This is what it looks like in the settings:

image.png.dd93b53dd5ba5a57834c047af315f155.png

The icon is inverted in the libraries:

image.png.89b77968785814a545b9025401cc33e6.png

Is there a way to change this somewhere?

Best regards

Kay

 

 

  • 2 weeks later...
TomEmby77
Posted

I'm having a problem with my PayPal payment. The payment went through, but I still have the restricted plugin. How can we fix this?

Is this forum the right place for this, or is there a contact address?

roaku
Posted
On 2/1/2026 at 1:14 PM, TomEmby77 said:

I'm having a problem with my PayPal payment. The payment went through, but I still have the restricted plugin. How can we fix this?

Is this forum the right place for this, or is there a contact address?

If your registration still hasn't activated, it likely means you registered with a different email address than the address connected to your Emby Premiere registration.

Please send me and @ebra PM with both addresses.

  • 2 weeks later...
liuhangbj
Posted

In a library which have nearly 5000 movies, some of them works but others don’t.

If a click “save” again in the setting page, some would be good, but others would be don’t work.

It seems to work randomly  

IMG_0985.jpeg

Beachie
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, liuhangbj said:

if a click “save” again in the setting page, some would be good, but others would be don’t work.

Yes, I have the same problem. In my case, there aren't that many, so it's enough to click on “Save” in the plug-in from time to time.

Edited by Beachie
roaku
Posted
On 2/15/2026 at 1:10 AM, liuhangbj said:

In a library which have nearly 5000 movies, some of them works but others don’t.

If a click “save” again in the setting page, some would be good, but others would be don’t work.

It seems to work randomly  

IMG_0985.jpeg

The only similar thing I've seen is that some Emby clients were choosing to hang onto locally cached versions of images a bit too long, rather than requesting the updated images. I don't know if that's still going on. It's beyond the control of the plugin either way, in that case.

What OS are you running Emby on?

What version of Emby are you running?

What client(s) are you seeing the issue on?

Do all clients you've tried have the same issue?

Beachie
Posted
28 minutes ago, roaku said:

Das Einzige, was ich ähnlich gesehen habe, ist, dass einige Emby-Clients sich entschieden haben, lokal zwischengespeicherte Bilder etwas zu lange zu behalten...

I have a Synology Diskstation with DSM 7.2+ and Emby V4.10.0.1 beta. It only runs on my private network, and it could indeed be a problem with cached images.

roaku
Posted
1 hour ago, Beachie said:

I have a Synology Diskstation with DSM 7.2+ and Emby V4.10.0.1 beta. It only runs on my private network, and it could indeed be a problem with cached images.

I don't attempt to support the plugin on Emby beta versions, so that's another potential cause of unexpected behavior.

roaku
Posted
On 1/24/2026 at 3:46 AM, Beachie said:

Hello 😉

Inverted display of badge icons!? This is what it looks like in the settings:

image.png.dd93b53dd5ba5a57834c047af315f155.png

The icon is inverted in the libraries:

image.png.89b77968785814a545b9025401cc33e6.png

Is there a way to change this somewhere?

Best regards

Kay

 

 

The plugin attempts to use the icons provided by the Emby server, but will fall back to its own version in cases where it's unable to access them for some reason.

You mentioned using a beta version in a different post. Are you seeing the same behavior in the current release?

Beachie
Posted
2 hours ago, roaku said:

Siehst du dasselbe Verhalten in der aktuellen Version?

Hello @roaku,
I am still using the beta version. Further up in the pictures in @Liuhangbjpost, the symbols are also displayed inverted. That's not really a big deal, but I think the symbols are easier to recognize when they are not inverted. Especially when text such as HD, HQ or SD etc. is included.

  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...
Dibbes
Posted

@roakuwhile I get that 4.10 beta was not supported, how about 4.11? 🙂

What I see happening on my install on the latest beta is basically an image-processing storm. Iconic 2.8.2 generated 2,707 image-processing exceptions in one minute. A 50,000-line sample contained:


- 2,717 Iconic image errors
- Thousands of full NullReferenceException stack traces
- Repeated failures inside Iconic.Services.LibrariesService.GetLibraryId

This happens when Emby loads images for a screen. Iconic fails repeatedly, Emby writes enormous exception logs to disk, image processing backs up, and the interface becomes sluggish. When image requests stop, logging and the disk activity immediately fall again.

When Emby requests an image:

  • Iconic checks whether the item is a supported type.
  • It calls Emby 4.11's GetCollectionFolders(item) to determine the item's library.
  • Emby sometimes returns null.
  • Iconic assumes it always receives an array and immediately iterates it.
  • That throws the NullReferenceException in LibrariesService.GetLibraryId.
  • Emby catches the failure, logs it, and repeats the same process for every affected image.

That produced 2,707 failures in one minute on Emby. This is the same coding defect previously documented by you (I think): the method does not handle a null result from GetCollectionFolders. I'd be much obliged if you could mitigate this by a very small compatibility patch:

var folders = _libraryManager.GetCollectionFolders(item);
if (folders == null)
    return null;

That should make Iconic safely bypass items for which Emby 4.11 cannot return a library. It preserves all supported Iconic behaviour and should stop the exception storm.

roaku
Posted

@Dibbes

I would recommend removing the Iconic.xml from your plugins directory and rebuilding your Iconic configuration through the plugin UI. I suspect your Iconic config is referencing a library id that is no longer valid on your server.

Dibbes
Posted
1 minute ago, roaku said:

@Dibbes

I would recommend removing the Iconic.xml from your plugins directory and rebuilding your Iconic configuration through the plugin UI. I suspect your Iconic config is referencing a library id that is no longer valid on your server.

No, it's a location that is offline during the day for other reasons... I get where you coming from though 🙂

roaku
Posted
1 hour ago, Dibbes said:

No, it's a location that is offline during the day for other reasons... I get where you coming from though 🙂

And you directly observed previous stable versions of Emby handling the missing library location differently (no null stack traces) when using Iconic?

Dibbes
Posted

@roakuI haven't run a stable version in years. Either way, as this seems a fairly simple fix, I thought I'd mention it and see if you were up for it. It's your plugin, your call 🙂

roaku
Posted

@Luke@softworkz

Based on the docs, I expect ILibraryManager.GetCollectionFolders(...) to always turn an array of Folder, empty or otherwise.

It looks like there's at least one scenario where it will return null. In the case described above, a library is periodically unavailable while the Emby server is running. Is null the expected return value for a call to GetCollectionFolders() with an item belonging to a library that is 'offline' at the time of the call?

https://dev.emby.media/reference/pluginapi/MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.ILibraryManager.html

https://betadev.emby.media/reference/pluginapi/MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.ILibraryManager.html#methods

Posted
13 minutes ago, roaku said:

@Luke@softworkz

Based on the docs, I expect ILibraryManager.GetCollectionFolders(...) to always turn an array of Folder, empty or otherwise.

It looks like there's at least one scenario where it will return null. In the case described above, a library is periodically unavailable while the Emby server is running. Is null the expected return value for a call to GetCollectionFolders() with an item belonging to a library that is 'offline' at the time of the call?

https://dev.emby.media/reference/pluginapi/MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.ILibraryManager.html

https://betadev.emby.media/reference/pluginapi/MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.ILibraryManager.html#methods

The server doesn't track any kind of offline state, so the result should be the same regardless.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
42 minutes ago, Dibbes said:

@roakuI haven't run a stable version in years. Either way, as this seems a fairly simple fix, I thought I'd mention it and see if you were up for it. It's your plugin, your call 🙂

Can you share a stack trace with me?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...