billoux78 1 Posted July 17, 2023 Posted July 17, 2023 +1 too for that feature request. Needed for épisodes of Paw Patrol...
darkside40 108 Posted July 20, 2023 Posted July 20, 2023 Btw the TMDB Scraper included in Jellyfin already has that feature. Because Jellyfin is open source it maybe possible to port that feature to Emby to speed up the process.
ebr 16836 Posted July 20, 2023 Posted July 20, 2023 48 minutes ago, darkside40 said: Because Jellyfin is open source it maybe possible to port that feature to Emby to speed up the process No, we do not take any code from an OSS project.
darkside40 108 Posted July 20, 2023 Posted July 20, 2023 Yeah of course than you would have to publish it yourself under GPL
Luke 43179 Posted July 24, 2024 Posted July 24, 2024 On 7/23/2024 at 7:15 AM, alienchen said: Is there any progress? Hi, not yet but this is planned for future updates. Thanks. 1
Mibok 160 Posted August 3, 2024 Posted August 3, 2024 I want to give a little bump to this, i think that this could be a good solution for the specials showing on their respective season. Making this a user preference instead of a server side option. 4 1
65535 14 Posted September 3, 2024 Posted September 3, 2024 Please add this feature, I beg you. Original airdate order is such a pain with animated shows. 2 1
newyorker 11 Posted October 12, 2024 Posted October 12, 2024 TMDB is more and more a mess. Really need this feature.
Solal 5 Posted December 20, 2024 Posted December 20, 2024 This is a needed feature. Jellyfin already does it correctly... Need it for batman TAS. 1
JoeAverage 5 Posted January 20, 2025 Posted January 20, 2025 I'm really looking forward to this feature being added. 1 1
Luke 43179 Posted July 11, 2025 Posted July 11, 2025 I don't have an ETA but this is on our to do list. Thanks.
kamhouse 10 Posted July 11, 2025 Posted July 11, 2025 2 hours ago, Luke said: I don't have an ETA but this is on our to do list. Thanks. How big is your to do list? 1
arielflix 68 Posted August 14, 2025 Author Posted August 14, 2025 Hey Luke, I'm still alive and still coming back every few months to check if there's been any progress on my feature request Just so you know, I'm still using Emby – in my opinion, it's the best media server out there. The only feature I'm still missing is this one I've seen other users ask for it too, so I know I'm not the only one hoping. I saw your comment that it's on the to-do list, which is great – even if there's no ETA yet. Thanks for all the work you and the team put into Emby. Looking forward to seeing what’s next! Cheers, P.S.: After nearly five years, I figured a gentle ping wouldn’t hurt
Luke 43179 Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 I still don't have an ETA, however it is moving up the list. I know you guys want it. 1
arielflix 68 Posted August 14, 2025 Author Posted August 14, 2025 Thank you Luke, I am looking patiently forward to it 3
Baenwort 125 Posted October 8, 2025 Posted October 8, 2025 I wonder if there will be a bigger metadata overhaul that we will have to wait on to see this and the other alternative orders? 1
ZAIAC001 6 Posted October 17, 2025 Posted October 17, 2025 Are there any progress or any information about groups from tmdb? I encounter more and more tv shows with such problem Bad people on tmdb created stupid rules and now system not work
Luke 43179 Posted October 26, 2025 Posted October 26, 2025 On 10/17/2025 at 8:30 AM, ZAIAC001 said: Are there any progress or any information about groups from tmdb? I encounter more and more tv shows with such problem Bad people on tmdb created stupid rules and now system not work Hi, not yet, but it's on our to do list. Thanks. 1
Mayfly777w 3 Posted December 20, 2025 Posted December 20, 2025 I’m really happy to see an official staff member respond so actively. It shows that the developers are actually listening to user feedback, which is great (even though this suggestion is already five years old). Keep it up! 1 1
Luke 43179 Posted 52 minutes ago Posted 52 minutes ago So for those who want this - you are naming your files based on a tmdb episode grouping?
GrimReaper 5165 Posted 48 minutes ago Posted 48 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, Luke said: So for those who want this - you are naming your files based on a tmdb episode grouping? Yes, they're basically TMDB's equivalents of TVDB's alternate orders.
Luke 43179 Posted 43 minutes ago Posted 43 minutes ago Just now, GrimReaper said: Yes, they're basically TMDB's equivalents of TVDB's alternate orders. The problem I see with Tmdb compared to Tvdb, is that within an episode group you can have sub-groupings that are the equivalent of seasons...But Tmdb does not have the requirement of these being numbered. So what does that mean for season folders and tv episode naming conventions? If you start making all of that optional then it requires everything to be reimagined. Tvdb at least keeps this a little more strict. Also one thing I notice with tmdb is that the seasons under a group don't appear to support having an image or description, so by picking an alternate group you essentially lose that feature.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now