qm0810 0 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Hello I am a new person to Emby and have been testing different ways to place a link in one Library to an outside Media server. Just a simple web address. Basically I am linking to a web server index.html to launch some media that is not meant for Emby's platform. I have been successful with doing so using the Mickle026 Custom Provider IDs but have not been able to get it to work in all app instances of Emby. For example, works great on PC and also on Android phone, but when trying any of the Emby Apps for television the links do not seem to be visible. Does anyone know of a consistent external link plugin or mod that can be done at the media level that will work for all Emby applications. Appreciate any feedback from the more experienced folks because I am still a rookie. Thanks so much. Doug
ebr 16883 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 39 minutes ago, qm0810 said: but when trying any of the Emby Apps for television the links do not seem to be visible Because those platforms don't typically have generic browsers. Same question as Luke - what, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?
qm0810 0 Posted 46 minutes ago Author Posted 46 minutes ago So I have a Movie library right now to accomadate the current custom link I was using. ONE library, 3 folders, all set up on separate Nas shared drived like all other libraires. I am hosting html flipbooks on my nas web browser. So you go to this library, one folder allows you to look at a video about the photo albums, one folder has all the pictures and the third one is simply one folder with a short movie file as a placeholder for flipbooks so that the Movie library sees a media placeholder. With this specific 3rd folder I am trying to make a custom Link appear so that when you click it, it is using an index.html file that goes to the web folder on my Nas and provides a landing page for html flipbooks that can be selected. Works great on Emby Android phone and Emby pc but just not on TV. Even if I use Emby for Android on the TV which my Sony allows me to do. If I use a web browser on the TV I can go right to it. I just cant from Emby TV for some reason. Here is the way it looks in my phone app.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now