pinkfamily7 2 Posted 47 minutes ago Posted 47 minutes ago This has happened for quite some time now, but it seems to be happening more frequently now. I'm currently running Version 4.11.0.5 beta on a Ubuntu 18 LTS server. I currently have two LiveTV sources, an HDHomeRun with 3 tuners, and an IPTV subscription that's capable of 4 streams. This issue appears to affect both. I've noticed it more with the HDHomeRun source simply because that's what I use the most often... what seems to be happening is if somebody watches a channel and exits their respective app (or turns off their TV, for instance) without first going "back" to the channel guide, occasionally at least it seems that the ffmpeg process doesn't end, and the stream is still connected. The "manage server" home screen in Emby may only be showing one simultaneous stream going, but nobody else is able to tune another channel until the Emby server is restarted or the ffmpeg processes are killed (the former being the "easier" path when I'm not somewhere that I can get to the console of my server, but is more disruptive to the person that is currently watching something). I really didn't have any idea about the ffmpeg processes still running until yesterday, when it happened with my IPTV connections because if I go over the allowed number of streams, it will say the app name loading the stream and the IP address-- in this case, the service provider said that 3 of the streams were coming from ffmpeg and 1 stream was coming from another service (that I was using to troubleshoot-- the IPTV providers own mobile app). Only 1 user was using Emby at that point watching one channel, so the other streams should have been gone-- Once I restarted Emby, the IPTV channel immediately loaded. Not sure what else I can do or what can be done.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now