Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GrimReaper
Posted

Added movies to two long-time existing (automatic) collections today, sorting Collections library by "Date Last Content Added" desc. did not bring either of them in front - actually, switching between "Date Added" and "Date Last Content Added" does not appear to change sort order at all (at least on my system).

Posted

Hey.  The movies already existed in your library, right?

"Date last content added" is actually "Date added of content".  We don't actually track when something was added to a playlist or collection.  In the case of TV Series, when the content was added to your library and when the content was added to the Series are the same because that's the only way the content exists.

GrimReaper
Posted (edited)

Nor sure I understood all that: "Date Last Content Added" should be just that (exactly akin to TV Shows): date when last item in collection is added and Sort should reflect that, just as sorting TV Shows by same criteria (Date Last Episode Added) does, when new episodes added. 

I've just added two new movies to my library (which are part of two already existing collections) - it should've put those two Collections on top of the list, is what I would expect, else what's the purpose of introducing that sort method in the first place?

Edited by GrimReaper
Posted
10 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nor sure I understood all that: "Date Last Content Added" should be just that (exactly akin to TV Shows): date when last item in collection is added

And he just said we don't track that, so date last content added means date added to the library, not date added to the collection.

GrimReaper
Posted
Just now, Luke said:

so date last content added means date added to the library

Added of what? Content/movie? 

GrimReaper
Posted (edited)

I don't know how else to say this:

16 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I've just added two new movies to my library

Today. 1 hr ago.

And I'm failing to understand what are both of you trying to explain me.

Edited by GrimReaper
Posted

I would check the date added values for those movies.

GrimReaper
Posted

image.thumb.png.c65f19af6f18b93fd91b04e503883bdc.pngimage.thumb.png.b4182d1cf1a4960327f7f13cf4f31e7e.pngimage.thumb.png.603417e1f938eb01259249032ad8b1ad.pngimage.png.929d453c48cb922d3b745edc90f32f59.pngimage.thumb.png.a134f289c0a81ca8ce1e3f51872920f3.pngimage.png.aa1827bb5d6fb42b6ee07623b298b6ef.png

GrimReaper
Posted
52 minutes ago, ebr said:

The movies already existed in your library, right?

Now I uderstand your question. No, those were not pre-existing movies, just added and have today's Date Added.

53 minutes ago, ebr said:

"Date last content added" is actually "Date added of content".  We don't actually track when something was added to a playlist or collection. 

Got that now, as well. But as said, both movies/collection content carry today's Date Added. 

19 minutes ago, Luke said:

I would check the date added values for those movies.

As visible above, It's October 5th, 2026 (today) on both.

Posted

Okay, yeah, then I'm not really sure what is going on...

  • Thanks 1
Posted

You have to compare the date added values of all the titles in all of the collections, because it's more a question of what is greater or less than.

GrimReaper
Posted
1 minute ago, Luke said:

You have to compare the date added values of all the titles in all of the collections, because it's more a question of what is greater or less than.

Not sure what you're getting at: all previous movies in those collections have Date Added lesser than today. If any of them had greater (though don't see how would that be feasible), wouldn't it (the Collection) already be on top of the list then?

Posted

Well they at least need to be checked. I just tested adding a new movie with a collection and it is at the top when sorted by date last content added.

GrimReaper
Posted

image.png.67fc0c8a01acabf4fcacdd01c4c85c9a.pngimage.png.a79718213c4a3a6cfad5003562f97e0f.pngimage.png.c576ae02c19d0d5ec22ba61ae3c5c575.pngimage.png.bd07a0676615386539814e8c0d2d5620.pngimage.png.afb5efe0b289bb9ff5354d84253c9d27.pngimage.png.b118b7e903b4e3a1f5329e86b6851e71.png

visproduction
Posted

Does rescanning the library help with the collection order being recognized?

Posted

Or, perhaps, refreshing the collection itself...?

GrimReaper
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, visproduction said:

Does rescanning the library help with the collection order being recognized?

Full library scan was done few times since (I don't have RTM enabled but I do full scan on any new media added), latest one done now, just for fun - no change.

18 minutes ago, ebr said:

Or, perhaps, refreshing the collection itself...?

Refreshed both collections following full library scan - no change.

embyserver-63926899676.txt

Also, after reading this:

18 hours ago, Luke said:

I just tested adding a new movie with a collection and it is at the top when sorted by date last content added.

went to check it on my test instance (incremental updates from early 4.9 version) - same result as my main server, no change when new content added to library. 

After that, downloaded and spun vanilla portable 4.10.1.0 instance - again same result, no change.

So I don't quite get how did Luke got that result, as I can't reproduce it on either of my servers: main, test or clean portable (all three 4.10.1.0 versions). 

Edited by GrimReaper

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...