Mister Steve 31 Posted Monday at 01:31 PM Posted Monday at 01:31 PM I'd like to use a monitor with speakers as a playback device. Are there certain types monitors that are better suited than others for video playback? Thanks
Luke 43270 Posted Monday at 07:28 PM Posted Monday at 07:28 PM Hi ,I have read that BenQ puts really good speakers into their monitors.
Mister Steve 31 Posted Tuesday at 01:20 AM Author Posted Tuesday at 01:20 AM (edited) It seems PC monitors have very little or no codec support, so an Emby client would almost always have to transcode. I'd rather avoid always transcoding. So perhaps a TV would work better, assuming I can get one where it can transparently use an HDMI input (for my application I need to use an offboard HDMI device and not the TV app suite). Edited Tuesday at 01:22 AM by Mister Steve
Luke 43270 Posted Tuesday at 02:11 AM Posted Tuesday at 02:11 AM Yea but our windows app can probably decode it in-app so you wouldn't have to rely on server transcoding. I'd be surprised if there exists a monitor that can accept passthrough of premium audio formats. 1
RanmaCanada 592 Posted 37 minutes ago Posted 37 minutes ago I would honestly say just get a TV. Issues you will run into is brightness, size issues, and refresh rate. The only codecs you need to worry about in regards to TV's is HDR and DV profiles, unless you are using the monitor itself as your playback with no intermediary device like a firestick or PC. If that is the case, abandon all hope as Smart monitors absolutely suck and you're back to the TV option. What size are you looking to get? What content are you playing on it. We would need more information so we can suggest something proper.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now