Mister Steve 31 Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago I'd like to use a monitor with speakers as a playback device. Are there certain types monitors that are better suited than others for video playback? Thanks
Luke 43254 Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago Hi ,I have read that BenQ puts really good speakers into their monitors.
Mister Steve 31 Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago (edited) It seems PC monitors have very little or no codec support, so an Emby client would almost always have to transcode. I'd rather avoid always transcoding. So perhaps a TV would work better, assuming I can get one where it can transparently use an HDMI input (for my application I need to use an offboard HDMI device and not the TV app suite). Edited 1 hour ago by Mister Steve
Luke 43254 Posted 53 minutes ago Posted 53 minutes ago Yea but our windows app can probably decode it in-app so you wouldn't have to rely on server transcoding. I'd be surprised if there exists a monitor that can accept passthrough of premium audio formats.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now