Jump to content

Suggestions for Monitor w/Speakers as playback device


Recommended Posts

Mister Steve
Posted

I'd like to use a monitor with speakers as a playback device. Are there certain types monitors that are better suited than others for video playback?

Thanks

Posted

Hi ,I have read that BenQ puts really good speakers into their monitors.

Mister Steve
Posted (edited)

It seems PC monitors have very little or no codec support, so an Emby client would almost always have to transcode.  I'd rather avoid always transcoding. So perhaps a TV would work better, assuming I can get one where it can transparently use an HDMI input (for my application I need to use an offboard HDMI device and not the TV app suite).

Edited by Mister Steve
Posted

Yea but our windows app can probably decode it in-app so  you wouldn't have to rely on server transcoding. I'd be surprised if there exists a monitor that can accept passthrough of premium audio formats.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...