Mister Steve 31 Posted yesterday at 01:22 PM Posted yesterday at 01:22 PM The Nvidia Shield 2019 pro is out of stock everywhere and Nvidia announced a price increase to $300 if or when it becomes available again. Bad news either way. What is an alternative device that runs Android TV, interfaces via HDMI, and supports side-loading and OS customizations like the Shield? It does not need to be as "beefy" as a Shield. Thanks
marriedman 113 Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago Good lord... $300 bucks for 8 year old hardware? That's insane. At that price I would just get a NUC.
ebr 16879 Posted 22 hours ago Posted 22 hours ago 53 minutes ago, marriedman said: At that price I would just get a NUC Not the same experience at all... There are a number of other Android boxes these days that should come close to the Shield. You might want to check out the Hardware forum.
yocker 2007 Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago 4 hours ago, marriedman said: Good lord... $300 bucks for 8 year old hardware? That's insane. At that price I would just get a NUC. The Shield can still not be beat. The age doesn't matter as it powerful enough to view movies without problems. If you want to game on it then yeah.. That will be a problem.
marriedman 113 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago 6 hours ago, yocker said: The Shield can still not be beat. The age doesn't matter as it powerful enough to view movies without problems. Guess I am just the odd man out, I gave mine away to my neice because I just wasn't impressed with it.
Mister Steve 31 Posted 12 hours ago Author Posted 12 hours ago Does anyone have a suggestion on a device that runs Android TV interfaces via HDMI Supports side-loading and custom launchers. Aside from Emby I use SmartTube Next and a few other utils Costs less than $200 It does not need to be as "beefy" as a Shield. This device will drive a kitchen area TV.
yocker 2007 Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 6 hours ago, marriedman said: Guess I am just the odd man out, I gave mine away to my neice because I just wasn't impressed with it. Passthrough of lossless formats and 7.1 is hard to find in streaming boxes.
marriedman 113 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago That's why I recommended the NUC. My NUC13 could do it. That and a 10 foot UI was pretty awesome. Before the RAM crisis you could get one for a song too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now