Jump to content

Stuttering after pause


Recommended Posts

Posted

I think I previously posted on this but can't find it. And it has been a very long time. 

 

When I pause media on Roku, then replay, the media stutters, sometimes multiple times. Sometimes I need to stop and restart the get the stuttering to stop.

This has been an issue since I started using Roku. I shifted back to Firestick, partially because of this issue, and I'm a bit disappointed it hasn't been resolved yet. 

What can I do to make it stop?

Posted
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

 

I'm happy to do that, but I did it previously. Any chance you have my old post so I don't have to do it again, only to find out it isn't fixable?

Posted
1 hour ago, Luke said:

 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

 

Decided to go ahead and share the logs. I sent the Roku log, and the server log is attached.

Mainuser

5:44pm

Played, then paused "Say Anything."

After pressing play again, the movies stutters.

embyserver.txt

Jmackay82
Posted

It happens on Amazon too. I brought it up in the transcoding post yesterday since I think it's related to transcoding for me; direct play seems fine, but it stutters or freezes when I pause and resume transcoded content, leaving just the audio until I restart the stream. 

My logs are too big to download on my phone, so I'll rotate them tonight and try to recreate the issue so I can grab the data for you.

  • Like 1
Posted

@user84please also provide the ffmpeg log(s) from that playback.

Jmackay82
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jmackay82 said:

Some logs attached

What was played and when?  Exactly when did the issue occur?  Which of those logs correspond to that?

Jmackay82
Posted

the full server log might give some details but its 124mb will it upload here?

noticed a lot of
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.SeriesDisplayOrder MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series.get_DisplayOrder()'

Think there is something wrong with NFO

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jmackay82 said:

the full server log might give some details

It cannot tell me the answers to those questions.  Only the person observing the issue can do that.

This is not a Roku, though...

Jmackay82
Posted

thats the full log I am still trying to find something that might help

Jmackay82
Posted

@ebr should I give you access to my server? you can see the issues first hand that way I can private message a temp login for you

 

Jmackay82
Posted
41 minutes ago, ebr said:

It cannot tell me the answers to those questions.  Only the person observing the issue can do that.

This is not a Roku, though...

Sorry you are correct its an amazon app issue, I just realised this posts for ROKU 🙈

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...