heffeque 100 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago I have 4.10.1.0 x86_64 on DSM 7.4.1. I started using the Radeon theme media plugins and there are a handful of movies where both theme.mp3 and theme.mp4 are present, but neither of them get triggered. 99% of them work without issues, but there is a handful of them that just won't work. The files are there, the naming convention is exactly the same as the rest of the movies... yet they won't reproduce, either on web, on Windows, or on Android... I've tried removing identification, then doing a library scan... refresh metadata... and for these particular movies it doesn't refresh: I have to manually identify them... but still neither the mp3 nor the mp4 get picked up. The files are there, but they don't play. Interestingly enough, it seem that this is happening with the movies that gave me issues HERE. I had to rename folders, reorder stuff, etc. to put them as I wanted again, but got it fixed after some work. But now those files are giving me issues with themes... Example: The theme.mp4 is inside backdrops. At some point I thought that the issue was that the theme music/video weren't working on movies that had more than one version, but then I checked a recently added movie with 2 versions in it, and that one worked OK. Due to this, I believe that it might be that the database entries for those specific movies got corrupted at some point, and now just don't work very well, even when removing the movie identification, and re-adding it. I have removed the identification of a movie, moved its folder out of Emby, did a library scan, then a vacuum with reboot, then a library scan again, then moved that movie back in, scanned it... it detected it... but still theme.mp3 is not playing! Is there a way to remove those specific movies "more completely" from the database, so as to try to re-add them "as new" and get those themes working? I'll put logs here at a later date, once I've experimented a bit more, but yeah... just wanted to know if anyone else was having similar issues. Cheers!
heffeque 100 Posted 53 minutes ago Author Posted 53 minutes ago 7 hours ago, Luke said: Hi, please show the complete file names. Thanks. PM sent (as encoding groups from private trackers do not enjoy seeing their stuff open in the world). No special characters other than a "+" here and there, but that character is not present in other movies where theme.mp3 works without issues; and the other way around, the other files where themes are not working there are no "+" around. It's just that they were the movies that "broke" last year.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now