Jump to content

IMDb rating is incorrect on Movies poster view


Recommended Posts

plittlefield
Posted (edited)

The IMDb rating is incorrect on Movies poster view.

For example, if I enable the IMDb rating on the web GUI then sort by IMDb rating - Adele: One Night Only should be 8.0 and not 9.4 ...

image.png.9f8f958f43906568b324833418774d74.png

image.png.b90c2f071a0e2d4d94f19caad45007fe.png

 

but The Shawkshank Redemption *seems* to be correct ...

 

image.png.996d97c5eaca5a4703cd8e592034a3cc.png

 

... what's up?

 

Paully

 

Edited by plittlefield
Posted

What happens if you refresh the metadata on Adele?

plittlefield
Posted

image.png.4ea0249e5e2f814d68fc51ab93b9a833.png


Yes, fixed!

So, what do I need to do to fix them all?

(I thought it refreshed metadata each night)

Paully

 

Posted (edited)

Those ratings fluctuate based upon the votes received in real time. At that point in time more people were enjoying Adele. She was a 9.4. But as time progresses and more people becoming aware of this and have watched it they also leave their votes. Then it tends to get a downward swing usually. Where you can't be sure are these Adele haters out to influence the vote and trying to 1 star her to death. Like people do on Yelp/Google/Etc to restaurants that try to force people to tip. Especially the ones that confront them angrily when they don't, like the owner of Ari & Mia's Small Town Cafe found out. The internet is forever.

What I mean is you can never match IMDB exactly. Emby isn't parsing IMDB for data at all. There is no way to obtain data in real time. You can only get point in time for these.

  

20 minutes ago, plittlefield said:


(I thought it refreshed metadata each night)

Paully

 

I think the providers would be quite alarmed if that were so. They would see that as abusive more than likely. You keep hitting same endpoints with exact same items every single day?

Edited by speechles
plittlefield
Posted

I was thinking more of a monthly thing.

I have manually clicked the 'refresh metadata' on my whole Movie Library and watching the Electricity smart meter go wild :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...