Jump to content

Plugin: Emby SmartLists (AI Port of Jellyfin SmartList Plugin)


Recommended Posts

feerlessleadr
Posted

Hi All - I have been using Emby way back since the MediaBrowser days, and my biggest issue has always been the lack of smart playlist functionality. I have used a number of the smart playlist plugins that have been released in the past, but could never quite get them to work the way I liked. About a year ago I was poking around jellyfin and saw that a dev released a SmartList plugin that did everything (and more) that I was looking for, and worked great. Since then I've been using jellyfin for music and emby for everything else, but always wanted to consolidate everything back under emby. To that end, I used claude to port the JF plugin to work with emby, and after extensive testing on my system, I figured I would post the port here as well in case others find it useful. 

The original JF plugin repo can be found here: https://github.com/jyourstone/jellyfin-smartlists-plugin

My forked repo with the emby compatible port and dll download can be found here: https://github.com/feerlessleadr/emby.smartlists

the install instructions and dlls can be found in the repo.

As I mentioned above and in the repo, I exclusively used claude to port the JF plugin to emby, and while I had claude run multiple iterations of testing and security reviews, I'm at best just a hobbyist and not a developer, so if you are not comfortable with that, please do not use this. Mods, if this is not appropriate, please feel free to delete this post.

All credit for this plugin goes to jyourstone on github, as all I did was use claude to port this to emby. Hopefully others find this helpful as well. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...