pgriffith 88 Posted Thursday at 01:47 PM Posted Thursday at 01:47 PM Hi all have a few questions regarding playlists. 1. How the hell do I get playlists to show on my Home Screen? It's in the library order list but does not show. I have 12 in total and only 11 show up. The only way I've been able to access playlists is by adding it at as a Home Section which I'd prefer to not have to do. 2. I've added 5 TV series to a playlist so I can share that with one of my users, is there a way to get it to show as 5 separate TV shows and not a list of 47 individual episodes in one big list? I've had to sort by filename to at least keep them grouped by show. I've looked everywhere, so I'm either stupid or this is a really poor implementation. My user rights has access to all libraries. Interestingly if I go into access and deselect enable access to all libraries, the playlist entry is a different green colour to all the other entries and can't be unselected. Any help appreciated.
Luke 43218 Posted Thursday at 01:51 PM Posted Thursday at 01:51 PM Hi, where are you looking for it on the home screen?
Luke 43218 Posted Thursday at 01:51 PM Posted Thursday at 01:51 PM Quote I've added 5 TV series to a playlist so I can share that with one of my users, is there a way to get it to show as 5 separate TV shows and not a list of 47 individual episodes in one big list? Hi, no, but a collection could do that.
pgriffith 88 Posted Thursday at 02:16 PM Author Posted Thursday at 02:16 PM 20 minutes ago, Luke said: Hi, where are you looking for it on the home screen?
pgriffith 88 Posted Thursday at 02:17 PM Author Posted Thursday at 02:17 PM 25 minutes ago, Luke said: Hi, no, but a collection could do that. Can you share a collection with another user?
ebr 16862 Posted Thursday at 02:22 PM Posted Thursday at 02:22 PM 4 minutes ago, pgriffith said: Can you share a collection with another user? Collections are global. For your visibility issue, what libraries are defined for your "My Media" row?
pgriffith 88 Posted Thursday at 02:27 PM Author Posted Thursday at 02:27 PM Hi ebr, you'll have to be a bit clearer on what you mean there. You talking about in Library in server settings, or from within my user profile somewhere?
ebr 16862 Posted Thursday at 02:39 PM Posted Thursday at 02:39 PM User Settings -> Home Screen -> My Media row:
pgriffith 88 Posted Thursday at 02:51 PM Author Posted Thursday at 02:51 PM That's set to All, and everything in there including playlists is ticked.
Luke 43218 Posted Thursday at 02:56 PM Posted Thursday at 02:56 PM Ok I would try creating a new playlist and see if that gets it to show up.
pgriffith 88 Posted Thursday at 03:49 PM Author Posted Thursday at 03:49 PM 52 minutes ago, Luke said: Ok I would try creating a new playlist and see if that gets it to show up. Created a couple, still a no show.
Luke 43218 Posted Thursday at 04:00 PM Posted Thursday at 04:00 PM can you try running a scan of all libraries?
pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 02:02 AM Author Posted yesterday at 02:02 AM Well now it's the next day, it runs a full scan overnight, same behaviour.
Luke 43218 Posted yesterday at 04:41 AM Posted yesterday at 04:41 AM Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 10:11 AM Author Posted yesterday at 10:11 AM (edited) I don't have a point from when the problem occurred, I can only assume it has never worked, I've always had all libraries selected and it's never been there. I have a log from doing a fresh restart of the server and then immediately performing a full library scan. For shits n giggles I just created a new user and playlists does appear on the home screen for that user, so it's something to do with my main admin user account. embyserver.txt Edited yesterday at 10:21 AM by pgriffith
GrimReaper 5182 Posted yesterday at 01:00 PM Posted yesterday at 01:00 PM 23 hours ago, pgriffith said: The only way I've been able to access playlists is by adding it at as a Home Section which I'd prefer to not have to do. You should be able to access them from the sidebar too.
ebr 16862 Posted yesterday at 02:22 PM Posted yesterday at 02:22 PM 4 hours ago, pgriffith said: I just created a new user and playlists does appear on the home screen for that user, so it's something to do with my main admin user account Are you sure you've fully investigated permissions?
Luke 43218 Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago Quote I just created a new user and playlists does appear on the home screen for that user, so it's something to do with my main admin user account. OK, this is a good sign. One thing you could try is going to user permissions for your admin user, go to the access tab and just click Save.
pgriffith 88 Posted 10 hours ago Author Posted 10 hours ago @GrimReaper It's not in the sidebar either. @ebrPermissions fully investigated @Luke Saved permissions again, no change. Don't put any more effort into this guys, I can access it from adding it as a Home Section which is good enough, and clearly all the easy fixes haven't worked. What I wanted to use it for (making a TV show list for another user) is actually better served as adding a new collection (which I didn't know were global).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now