pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 01:47 PM Posted yesterday at 01:47 PM Hi all have a few questions regarding playlists. 1. How the hell do I get playlists to show on my Home Screen? It's in the library order list but does not show. I have 12 in total and only 11 show up. The only way I've been able to access playlists is by adding it at as a Home Section which I'd prefer to not have to do. 2. I've added 5 TV series to a playlist so I can share that with one of my users, is there a way to get it to show as 5 separate TV shows and not a list of 47 individual episodes in one big list? I've had to sort by filename to at least keep them grouped by show. I've looked everywhere, so I'm either stupid or this is a really poor implementation. My user rights has access to all libraries. Interestingly if I go into access and deselect enable access to all libraries, the playlist entry is a different green colour to all the other entries and can't be unselected. Any help appreciated.
Luke 43201 Posted yesterday at 01:51 PM Posted yesterday at 01:51 PM Hi, where are you looking for it on the home screen?
Luke 43201 Posted yesterday at 01:51 PM Posted yesterday at 01:51 PM Quote I've added 5 TV series to a playlist so I can share that with one of my users, is there a way to get it to show as 5 separate TV shows and not a list of 47 individual episodes in one big list? Hi, no, but a collection could do that.
pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 02:16 PM Author Posted yesterday at 02:16 PM 20 minutes ago, Luke said: Hi, where are you looking for it on the home screen?
pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 02:17 PM Author Posted yesterday at 02:17 PM 25 minutes ago, Luke said: Hi, no, but a collection could do that. Can you share a collection with another user?
ebr 16852 Posted yesterday at 02:22 PM Posted yesterday at 02:22 PM 4 minutes ago, pgriffith said: Can you share a collection with another user? Collections are global. For your visibility issue, what libraries are defined for your "My Media" row?
pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 02:27 PM Author Posted yesterday at 02:27 PM Hi ebr, you'll have to be a bit clearer on what you mean there. You talking about in Library in server settings, or from within my user profile somewhere?
ebr 16852 Posted yesterday at 02:39 PM Posted yesterday at 02:39 PM User Settings -> Home Screen -> My Media row:
pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 02:51 PM Author Posted yesterday at 02:51 PM That's set to All, and everything in there including playlists is ticked.
Luke 43201 Posted yesterday at 02:56 PM Posted yesterday at 02:56 PM Ok I would try creating a new playlist and see if that gets it to show up.
pgriffith 88 Posted yesterday at 03:49 PM Author Posted yesterday at 03:49 PM 52 minutes ago, Luke said: Ok I would try creating a new playlist and see if that gets it to show up. Created a couple, still a no show.
pgriffith 88 Posted 13 hours ago Author Posted 13 hours ago Well now it's the next day, it runs a full scan overnight, same behaviour.
Luke 43201 Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago Hi there, please attach the Emby server log from when the problem occurred: How to Report a Problem Thanks!
pgriffith 88 Posted 5 hours ago Author Posted 5 hours ago (edited) I don't have a point from when the problem occurred, I can only assume it has never worked, I've always had all libraries selected and it's never been there. I have a log from doing a fresh restart of the server and then immediately performing a full library scan. For shits n giggles I just created a new user and playlists does appear on the home screen for that user, so it's something to do with my main admin user account. embyserver.txt Edited 5 hours ago by pgriffith
GrimReaper 5180 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago 23 hours ago, pgriffith said: The only way I've been able to access playlists is by adding it at as a Home Section which I'd prefer to not have to do. You should be able to access them from the sidebar too.
ebr 16852 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 4 hours ago, pgriffith said: I just created a new user and playlists does appear on the home screen for that user, so it's something to do with my main admin user account Are you sure you've fully investigated permissions?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now