Jump to content

Android downloads fail with 404 because the Emby sync file is missing


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

I’m having recurring problems downloading TV episodes for offline viewing. Some items stay on “Ready to transfer” or fail. This happens on two Android phones.

Setup

  • Emby Server 4.10.0.40 on a Synology DS720+
  • Emby for Android 3.5.55 on Android 17

In the latest server log, repeated requests to /emby/Sync/JobItems/277/File fail with DirectoryNotFoundException. Emby says the temporary file under /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/sync/91/277/ does not exist, and returns HTTP 404.

Some FFmpeg and ffprobe operations in the log exit with code 0, but the Android download still fails when it requests the sync file.

The log also contained an earlier Permission denied error when Emby tried to copy a converted file into my media share. I have since granted the internal emby user read/write access to the Download shared folder, but the Android download problem persists.

Could this missing temporary sync file be a known issue with Emby Server or the Android app? What logs would help diagnose it further? I purchased the Android app and would appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Posted
Quote

AFAIK that is not feasible (and again, don't think it ever will be), even with the current TVDB-only implementation for alternate episode orders, you need to (re)name/(re)structure the files in the underlying OS accordingly and refresh metadata, you can't just switch display/presentation as you see fit with single set of data. 

Hi, no, the likely answer is that it was deleted from the server before the app had a chance to download it.

Posted

Thanks. I’ve attached the Emby server log from the failed download. The log shows repeated 404 errors for /emby/Sync/JobItems/277/File because the temporary file under /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/sync/91/277/ is missing. Please let me know if you need any other logs or details.

embyserver (1).txt

Posted (edited)

Hi Luke,

I’ve found some notifications from the latest download attempt that may help. I’m attaching the screenshots and a fresh Emby server log covering this attempt.

At 16:59, Emby notified me that Episode 2 of L’amour est dans le pré had downloaded successfully. At 17:05, I got a “Download completed” notification for Episode 3, but another notification at the same time showed Episode 3 still downloading at 99% (3103 MB/3112 MB). Later, at 17:29, Emby showed “Removing Downloads” for Episode 3.

Despite the completion notifications, I can’t find the episodes in the app to watch offline. I have “Download only unwatched videos” enabled. Could that setting explain why Episode 3 was removed, or do the notifications suggest that the same episode was queued twice?

This is still happening with Emby Server 4.10.0.40 on my Synology DS720+ and Emby for Android 3.5.55 on Android 17. I’ve also attached the hardware detection report.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_20261001-172955.png

Screenshot_20261001-164933.png

Screenshot_20261001-174149.png

Screenshot_20261001-174203.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by OUARZA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...