Jump to content

Possible to have emby not group anything at all?


Recommended Posts

Samkook
Posted (edited)

My main pain point about emby has always been that it tries to be too smart for its own good and it refuses to display files directly. Things tend to group up in versions or go inside special menus like for trailers and things.
All I want is to keep track of which files I've watched so I was wondering if there was an option I might have missed that can disable that behavior and only relies on files since my media is already organized exactly the way I want it to be.

For example, I have the fifth element in dvd and bluray and I want to set the bluray as not watched because I haven't watched it yet, but that's impossible even with them being in completely separate libraries since toggling watched is done on the movie instead of the files. And to make things worse, one of the dvd extra is grouping up as a version of the dvd so I can't keep track of which extras I've watched properly either.
I could mess up my naming convention and force the extra to not group up, but that would mean messing up my own organization, which I don't want to do and it would only fix a small part of the problem.

Edited by Samkook
Posted

Hi, have you explored the options for each of your libraries?

Samkook
Posted
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, have you explored the options for each of your libraries?

Did you have something specific in mind? I try to mess around them every few years, but never found anything satisfactory.


The biggest issue is mostly caused by the player. The web UI one is too limited with the formats it supports so that's only a last resort option and the best player I know for it is kodi, but if the media isn't tagged as movies or tv shows, it handles it extremely poorly when at all so I have to set my tv shows and movies libraries to those if I want it to see it and display the watched status.

Even if I were to use something like how videos, it has issues of its own, like for example I have a video with no filename(it's just called .mp4 and emby doesn't see it at all, which is somewhat understandable, but wouldn't be an issue if it simply showed the files, which it should detect as a video since it has a video extension).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...