magickii 0 Posted Saturday at 01:38 AM Posted Saturday at 01:38 AM After updating to Emby for LG 1.0.51, I started noticing that Opus audio files are always transcoded, even on a local connection, but the transcoding starts the stream offset about ~30s into each track. So far I have only observed this issue on Emby for LG 1.0.51, all other local clients are able to Direct Play. I'm aware that LG and Opus have inconsistent support across models. I cannot confirm if Emby for LG was able to Direct Play these Opus files prior to the app upgrade, but hopefully if it were I would have noticed issues with playback sooner. The LG TV is an OLED C4 on webOS24 (9.2.2-1806) I did not immediately see anything in the embyserver.txt log that might indicate an issue, but one of the tracks that had issue started at 2026-09-25 19:03:12.978 and I have attached that track's ffmpeg-transcode log as well. On the server side, I have observed this behavior first on 4.9.5.0, and it has continued after upgrade to 4.10.0.40 embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-69497d66-a0cd-4731-9262-96366405f79b_1.txt
Abobader 3518 Posted Saturday at 01:38 AM Posted Saturday at 01:38 AM Hello magickii, ** This is an auto reply ** Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you. It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread: Thank you. Emby Team
Luke 43168 Posted Saturday at 01:59 AM Posted Saturday at 01:59 AM Hi, there’s no evidence it switched, in fact, we don’t even have a switching mechanism for audio like we do for video. However with this update I think we did stop direct playing opus due to all the problems reported with it. @SamES can confirm.
magickii 0 Posted Saturday at 11:56 PM Author Posted Saturday at 11:56 PM Thanks for the quick reply. I have two questions in the meantime, 1. Is there a way that I can force opus to Direct Play a specific track to help debug if my particular model has issues playing opus? 2. Why might the transcoded tracks be starting part way through rather than at the beginning, and is there any additional information I can provide to help with debugging that? @SamES
Luke 43168 Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago Quote Is there a way that I can force opus to Direct Play a specific track to help debug if my particular model has issues playing opus? A specific track, no, but you can temporarily restrict user transcoding permissions to see what happens when it is forced to direct play. Just make sure to remember to undo it afterwards.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now