Jump to content

TV Show can be searched but not visible in library


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have a TV Series (Top Gear 2002) that cannot be found via the web browser/roku/ios via the favorites/series library/folders menu but can be searched for and played.

I have tried rescanning/restarting/vacuum database and still the same, not showing anywhere but search.

Edit1: I moved the series folder out of the library, did a scan and then added it back, did a scan...iniitally it sees the series now in the TV Series library, but as the scan finishes, it gets removed and I end up back at the initial issue.

Emby Server:  4.10.0.40

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Edited by Erik
GrimReaper
Posted

How are your files named and organized? 

Blindly, you could repeat this:

4 hours ago, Erik said:

I moved the series folder out of the library, did a scan

rename tv show folder to: 

Top Gear (2002) [tvdbid=74608], 

delete existing NFOs (if any), followed by:

4 hours ago, Erik said:

and then added it back, did a scan

 

Posted

Hi there, how are your files named and organized? Where are you looking for it?

Posted

Hi,

The file structure is;

TV Shows (Adults)/Top Gear (2002)/Season 01/S01E01 - name

TV Shows (Adults) in the source/path folder for the library.

It’s the same format it’s been in for years (added in 2019) and just sometime in the last week or so it disappeared from all the views (except search) and they browse and ply fine after accessing via search.

thanks

Posted
5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

How are your files named and organized? 

Blindly, you could repeat this:

rename tv show folder to: 

Top Gear (2002) [tvdbid=74608], 

delete existing NFOs (if any), followed by:

 

I will try that shortly. It is identified correctly to the TVDB reference number and I did remove identification and re-identified it during troubleshooting and end result is still not showing.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

How are your files named and organized? 

Blindly, you could repeat this:

rename tv show folder to: 

Top Gear (2002) [tvdbid=74608], 

delete existing NFOs (if any), followed by:

 

Tried renaming and scanning (edit: and deleting all the NFO), no luck unfortunately.

Edit: If I remove the identification from the series via emby it shows it seems i just noticed while troubleshooting further. However, as soon as I Identify it again...gone

Edited by Erik
Posted

Maybe it's being merged with another series folder?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Maybe it's being merged with another series folder?

How could I tell that? I didn’t notice anything different when I search for the series and open it. Would it say/show somewhere?

Edit: Should the folder view not show it as its own folder even if its merged? It is not shown there after Identifying the series either.

thanks

Edited by Erik
Posted

I have managed to get the series to show again…

I had to turn off the library option of "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders".

the only series with remotely the same name are:

top gear

and

top gear - ambitious by rubbish

However, they were merged as the second one was displayed but not with the first one showing within it. Also, the folder view should not have them merged from my understanding and library setting.

@Lukecan you tell me what the library is matching when that option is on so I can dig deeper? This was never an issue since 2019…lol…but something changes the behaviour in the last month or so I believe.

I have disabled that library option in all my libraries for now.

Thanks

Posted

They are joining on the series tvdb id.

Posted
Just now, Luke said:

They are joining on the series tvdb id.

Thanks, then I am at a loss as the TVDB I’d is not matching any others that I could find in that library (every series ID is correct) and the two top gear series have different IDs.

but turning that option on makes it go Poof! And only can be found in the search.

Posted

The two series probably have some common external ids in the metadata editor.

Posted

Is there a way to search by ID to see if I can find where the issue is (without manually opening everything to compare)

I compared the likely items and no matches I can see In the attachments.

IMG_3756.png

IMG_3757.png

Posted

There currently isn't a search by id.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...