CharlesF 39 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 It’s pretty incredible how sh-tty the download feature works - or I should say doesn’t work. Maybe it works 10% of the time. Normally it fails. Or just does nothing. The UI sometimes shows a downloaded section at the top but mostly it doesn’t. It’s just an incredibly poorly designed feature that is never gotten to work regularly. Pretty remarkable.
Luke 43259 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 @CharlesF HI there, can you please provide a specific example? How to Report a Problem Thanks !
CharlesF 39 Posted September 23 Author Posted September 23 Specifically it almost never works. Ever. But you guys know this. Transfer fails. Says ready to transfer and never does. Says it’s transferred but empty container when trying to play. It’s almost like you guys just out the onus on paying users to debug basic functionality.
CharlesF 39 Posted September 23 Author Posted September 23 See. You guys KNOW this has been a problem for YEARS and bupkiss
CharlesF 39 Posted September 23 Author Posted September 23 See. You guys KNOW this has been a problem for YEARS and bupkiss Same function takes seconds in Plex. I moved to emby from plex for two reasons, live tv support, and offline functionality. But what I’ve learned is that menus basic features are oftentimes shotty, you guys have been basically ignoring live tv for years, and known broken features get ignored for years. Now that I’m doing live tv in apps like tivimate and with the ability to hide everything but my content in Plex, what does emby offer?
pwhodges 2107 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 On 23/09/2026 at 14:24, CharlesF said: See. You guys KNOW this has been a problem for YEARS Not for everyone, though. If you can stop ranting for long enough to send the requested logs, maybe they can find out why it's happening to you. Paul
Luke 43259 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 hi, can you please describe the issue that you're having?
billxsand 1 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 Hi, I’ll be more helpful When I go to download something by just pressing “Download”, a blank screen pops up and nothing happens when I press the download button when I try to use “Download to” my iPhone, it says it’s downloading but nothing happens iOS 27.0 latest Emby app ScreenRecording_09-25-2026 21-21-32_1.mp4
Luke 43259 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago On 9/25/2026 at 9:29 PM, billxsand said: ScreenRecording_09-25-2026 21-21-32_1.mov OK we are working on chasing down why this is happening. Workaround for now is if you uninstall and reinstall the app, then that should resolve it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now