Jump to content

New Emby for Android 3.5.60 Released


Recommended Posts

Emby Releases
Posted

Emby for Android 3.5.60 Released

Changes

3.5.60

  • Core UI Update Only

Core UI Changes from 26.0.26 to 26.0.27

  • Various spotlight bug fixes and improvements

 

crusher11
Posted

Most of the spotlight bugs are resolved, but each slide still hangs around for way too long and it would be better to replace the redundant right arrow button with the button to show the context menu.

The issue with long pressing the info button in the spotlight persists. 

  • Thanks 1
crusher11
Posted

Spotlight now displays the old way if EHS is on, and EHS works....but why can't this be applied to the full screen spotlight as well? 

FrostByte
Posted

It's a pita, but you can get to the EHS option

  • From the "TV mode home screen" option
  • Click UP arrow which should bring up the side menu
  • Now click Back

image.thumb.png.8b28995bd40f7428fe738cfa401c8350.png

  • You should land on the EHS option and be able to change it

image.thumb.png.fab43ac42e99d718ec4e0c31d80fcb71.png

 

  • Thanks 2
arrbee99
Posted

Looks much better with no gap at top. Haven't tried with EHS though.

Minor nitpick with the time progress dots things - 

In Android app uses more of a line for some reason -

IMG_20260922_102026(Medium).jpg.4895e782bd8ac98370d6f39cbd3567af.jpg

whereas ATV app uses circle and looks nicer -

IMG_20260922_102259(Medium).jpg.bfcceef5ebe5989367ce6c130853c309.jpg

 

  • Thanks 1
crusher11
Posted

Okay now that I have the full-screen spotlight back...the translucent backdrop issue is still occurring.

Click on the info button in the spotlight to go to the item details screen of the spotlighted title. Press the back button to return to the home screen without refreshing it. When the spotlight scrolls to the next film, the backdrop of the film whose item details screen you went to will still be visible, overlaying the backdrop of the newly-spotlighted item.

  • Thanks 1
arrbee99
Posted

Can't say I'm seeing that, version .60 on a Shield (to a Samsung soundbar to a Sony TV if it matters).

crusher11
Posted

It really makes no sense that EHS isn't supported with the fullscreen spotlight display. As it is now, when I scroll down to the next row I get this:

2026-09-2215_17_42.thumb.jpg.552351f6c5a8987b67af95f65b24e0d4.jpg

Which makes no sense at all. That top area could easily be used for EHS. Having it display the info for the spotlight, and not for the movie I have selected, is just confusing.

Further, if I then press the up arrow on the remote, it focuses the spotlight but doesn't scroll back up to it:

2026-09-2215_17_56.thumb.jpg.81a99d75f0fde5894a96552a50752a52.jpg

  • Agree 2
FrostByte
Posted

FR: the ability to use the Play button on the remote from anywhere within the spotlight while in TV mode

Use case: if you quickly scroll through the items in spotlight using the arrow and stop on one you want to watch, then currently you have to scroll left two times to the Play button before clicking Enter.  This would save a couple clixks

Makes it consistent with the posters, etc on the Home page

image.thumb.jpeg.53152243f3c1b37d94fab713bab61fbb.jpeg

 

BTW: I can duplicate the translucent image using C11's steps

  • Thanks 1
yocker
Posted
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

FR: the ability to use the Play button on the remote from anywhere within the spotlight while in TV mode

Use case: if you quickly scroll through the items in spotlight using the arrow and stop on one you want to watch, then currently you have to scroll left two times to the Play button before clicking Enter.  This would save a couple clixks

Makes it consistent with the posters, etc on the Home page

image.thumb.jpeg.53152243f3c1b37d94fab713bab61fbb.jpeg

 

BTW: I can duplicate the translucent image using C11's steps

That's a strange looking Minion.

More importantly, Google seems to be real slow with the updates for me atm., still can't get this new version.

  • Haha 1
FrostByte
Posted
22 minutes ago, yocker said:

That's a strange looking Minion.

More importantly, Google seems to be real slow with the updates for me atm., still can't get this new version.

I haven't used the Android store in a long time.  I just watch GitHub for the latest.

FrostByte
Posted

The latest translucent image and scrolling the home screen settings issues seem to be fixed in 3.5.61.  Thanks

yocker
Posted
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

I haven't used the Android store in a long time.  I just watch GitHub for the latest.

Yes, could be a good idea to look there. Thanks! :) 

  • Like 1
Posted
16 hours ago, FrostByte said:

The latest translucent image and scrolling the home screen settings issues seem to be fixed in 3.5.61.  Thanks

There's a .61? There's no thread for it.

Posted
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

There's a .61? There's no thread for it.

Ya, not sure what else changed, but those two fixes are there.

Posted

@LukeWhy has there been an update with no thread or update notes?

Posted

There was an issue with our release notes automation yesterday but I'll put a new build up today.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Luke said:

There was an issue with our release notes automation yesterday but I'll put a new build up today.

Just wondering, is .62 out just to somehow update release announcements (as there wasn't one for .61) or are there actual changes with .62 as well ?

Posted
3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Just wondering, is .62 out just to somehow update release announcements (as there wasn't one for .61) or are there actual changes with .62 as well ?

it is mainly release notes.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

But it would still be helpful if you could update as there are some internal updates to focusing with arrow keys so it's mainly a matter of if you run into anything odd.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/22/2026 at 3:21 PM, crusher11 said:

It really makes no sense that EHS isn't supported with the fullscreen spotlight display. As it is now, when I scroll down to the next row I get this:

2026-09-2215_17_42.thumb.jpg.552351f6c5a8987b67af95f65b24e0d4.jpg

Which makes no sense at all. That top area could easily be used for EHS. Having it display the info for the spotlight, and not for the movie I have selected, is just confusing.

Further, if I then press the up arrow on the remote, it focuses the spotlight but doesn't scroll back up to it:

2026-09-2215_17_56.thumb.jpg.81a99d75f0fde5894a96552a50752a52.jpg

Both  of these are still the case in .62.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

And this still isn't being ignored after another 3 months -

 

Posted

By the way do you guys like the extra navigation layer when navigating into tabbed settings areas? So for example manage server -> library

It should make things easier for tv usage. There is also a display option now to hide server settings altogether.

crusher11
Posted
On 9/22/2026 at 3:21 PM, crusher11 said:

It really makes no sense that EHS isn't supported with the fullscreen spotlight display. As it is now, when I scroll down to the next row I get this:

2026-09-2215_17_42.thumb.jpg.552351f6c5a8987b67af95f65b24e0d4.jpg

Which makes no sense at all. That top area could easily be used for EHS. Having it display the info for the spotlight, and not for the movie I have selected, is just confusing.

Why is it still doing this in .63? That top area could easily accommodate the EHS, but it still mandates the old card-style spotlight if I turn EHS on. If EHS is off, the spotlight needs to scroll all the way off the top of the screen rather than hanging around in that top area, but if EHS is on then there's no reason it needs to abandon the full-screen spotlight style.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...