Jump to content

How to delete downloaded content without being connected to the server?


Recommended Posts

LittleKinder
Posted

Hello there, 

I always had this issue for as long as I remember, whether on my android phone or android tablet.

Shouldn't be very hard but somehow I can only delete the content I downloaded if I'm connected to my server.

Why is that necessary ?

Either I get an error or it loads indefinitely 

Will this be something else where you are looking into it for 12 years? (Cf having the production country)

Thank you 

 

Screenshot_20260921_215757_Emby~2.jpg

Posted

Hi.  You cannot "Delete" the content if not connected to the server because that is where the original is.

If you are actually wanting to just remove the download, then go to download management and select "Remove from downloads".

LittleKinder
Posted (edited)

I cannot see the option download management since I'm not connected to the server. I can only try to connect to the server or go directly to the downloaded content section, which doesn't have any options beside the delete button 

Edited by LittleKinder
LittleKinder
Posted

Still don't know how to delete

It should be possible to delete from here.....

 

Screenshot_20260926_140209_Emby.jpg

Posted

Again, to clarify - you don't actually want to delete the content - you want to remove the download, correct?

MBSki
Posted
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Again, to clarify - you don't actually want to delete the content - you want to remove the download, correct?

Does removing the download DELETE from the device though? I'd like it to delete from the device but not the server. Doesn't seem to delete from the device though.

LittleKinder
Posted
17 hours ago, ebr said:

Again, to clarify - you don't actually want to delete the content - you want to remove the download, correct?

Indeed, but I cannot remove the download without being connected to the server (or erasing all the data at once in my embt app on my phone).

LittleKinder
Posted (edited)

and now that i'm back and connected to the server, if i click on delete (for movies in the download category) it deletes the download and not the content from the server......

I can also go in the download category in the parameters and delete them from there, 

 

WHICH I COULDN'T ACCESS WITHOUT BEEING CONNECTED TO THE SERVER

 

Unless i'm missing something obvious, the way the download management is forcing you to be connected to the server doesn't make sense

Try on your phone and let me know....

Edited by LittleKinder

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...