IAmHugh 85 Posted September 16 Posted September 16 four times now I have experienced Emby For Android 3.5.44 doing occasional 3 to 5 second freezes. If I go back to the TV's home screen then back to Emby the issue disappears for awhile before starting again. embyserver.txtffmpeg-transcode-5508b0db-2c9e-468a-aa4c-816fc43cad56_1.txthardware_detection-63925141975.txt
seanbuff 1429 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 Is there a particular reason you are still running an older version? Latest GA release should be v3.5.55
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 17 Author Posted September 17 (edited) I would assume the Fire TV app store hasn't updated it yet. Amazon's page is completely worthless as you can see. https://shorturl.at/J85d2 https://www.amazon.com/s?k=emby&rh=n%3A10208590011&ref=nb_sb_noss Edited September 17 by IAmHugh
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 20 Author Posted September 20 17 hours ago, Luke said: Hi, we are looking into this. Thanks. I was wondering what it says direct instead of buffering? Is that normal? I would think even though the router and TV aren't even 20 feet from the PC Emby would still buffer x amount.
Luke 43269 Posted September 20 Posted September 20 The display of what it says is normal normal. It might be buffering, but the method of play is still direct.
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 I don't know if this is related,but I just went to play a movie and it would attempt to play then bounce back to it's page.I just attempted in the PC app and got embyserver.txtffmpeg-remux-e265db73-1b82-4ae3-8c9c-4e2e13cb9adc_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-82db6ca7-c776-4cef-b95e-38df83bcdb9b_1.txt
Neminem 1941 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 What happened to your movie? 14:39:17.623 ffmpeg version 5.1-emby_2023_06_25 Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC 14:39:17.623 built with gcc 10.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.25.0) 14:39:17.623 Execution Date: 2026-09-25 14:39:17 Failed to create //.cache for shader cache (Read-only file system)---disabling. 14:39:17.635 /mnt/My Files/Movies/Movies/DO NOT ENTER (2026).mkv: No such file or directory 14:39:17.636 EXIT 1 1
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 Reminded me to add that this happens in both Emby apps on the Fire TV.
yocker 2015 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 6 hours ago, Neminem said: What happened to your movie? 14:39:17.623 ffmpeg version 5.1-emby_2023_06_25 Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC 14:39:17.623 built with gcc 10.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.25.0) 14:39:17.623 Execution Date: 2026-09-25 14:39:17 Failed to create //.cache for shader cache (Read-only file system)---disabling. 14:39:17.635 /mnt/My Files/Movies/Movies/DO NOT ENTER (2026).mkv: No such file or directory 14:39:17.636 EXIT Just a guess but Movies/Movies/ looks like a wrong mount.
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 (edited) Thanks but it's correct. OK odd, very odd. Any idea how that gets changed in Emby without manually being changed? I almost missed what you were saying til I just went into /mnt/ and checked /My Files/ and /My Files II/. That should read /My Files II/Movies/Movies/. Watching something on the TV now so I'll fix anything in Emby that needs to be fixed and then test in a bit. Will let you know what I get. Thanks for the nice catch. Edited September 26 by IAmHugh
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 OK just removed and readded the library and all is good now. Still no idea how that got changed since I have Dolphin open and rightclick on a folder and copy location, then paste into the setup for the particular library. It had been working fine just a couple of days before, cuase Gary watch 3 or 4 movies from that library without issue.
yocker 2015 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 (edited) 2 hours ago, IAmHugh said: Thanks but it's correct. OK odd, very odd. Any idea how that gets changed in Emby without manually being changed? I almost missed what you were saying til I just went into /mnt/ and checked /My Files/ and /My Files II/. That should read /My Files II/Movies/Movies/. Watching something on the TV now so I'll fix anything in Emby that needs to be fixed and then test in a bit. Will let you know what I get. Thanks for the nice catch. Wish i could take credit for anything here but i just thought that a double movies folder looked wrong. Happy to hear it helped in some way though. Edited September 26 by yocker 1
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 (edited) yeah it was just easier to drag the whole folder over to the new drive. original: /mnt/My Files/Television/ with TV Series, TV Specials, Last Night's, Series To Catch Up On /mnt/My Files/Movies/ with Movies,/Movies/ With Movies, Movie Series, Movies To Watch Edited September 26 by IAmHugh 1
IAmHugh 85 Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 (edited) Looks like I was right that the two issues were related. Watching a series for the first time since fixing the Movies library and there hasn't been one freeze up. I think Emby was trying to scan Movies in the background and couldn't causing it to eat more resources trying to do so causing freezes when watching content on the TV. EDIT: The TV app just updated to the latest. Edited September 28 by IAmHugh 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now