Jump to content

Recommended Posts

njmckenzie96
Posted (edited)

Latest update the app goes black if the network changes from WiFi to Data. So, if I’ve had it running in the background on WiFi, if I later open the app on data, all I get is a black screen. I have to force close and then it works. I’m not entirely sure it’s because of a data switch (that’s just what I’ve run into) it’s possible it’s if the app has been running in the background for a while. 

Edited by njmckenzie96
Added clarification
Posted

Hi, can you please provide a log from the app? Thanks.

njmckenzie96
Posted

Yes I’ll send it if it happens again. 

  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
njmckenzie96
Posted

I haven't been able to replicate the above issue anymore but here's a couple more issues I'm experiencing that I've never had problems with before; all within the IOS app.

Bug 1 = Tonemapping/Color Issue: If I play a movie that has TrueHd audio track, there is incorrect tonemapping for colors (even though im pretty sure the video isn't supposed to be touched as dolby vision is support on iPhone 17 (and I've always been able to play with no issues in the past, without the video being transcoded or defaulting to HDR). There is a green hue that shows up over the entire image. If I change the audio track to eac3 (my compatibility tracks), the audio transcoding stops but the colors of the video are still greenish hue. It only resets the colors to "correct" if I exit the video and play again with the secondary compatible audio track (no audio transcoding, but still directly dolby vision profile 8.1). This all used to work flawlessly with the same files, so it's something that seems to have been introduced recently.

Bug 2 = Audio issue: If I select a different audio while a movie is playing (particularly while one is being transcoded, and switching to my compatibility tracks), the video starts over from the beginning.

Attached are the logs from the session where I played the file with the audio being transcoded, the video was showing green hue, I switched to my secondary audio and still the same colors until I exited out of the video and started it again. 

emby_ios_1790951445350.66.txt ffmpeg-remux-f56a769c-4eb4-4bff-a151-00e05e3e511d_1.txt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...