Paulguk 5 Posted September 11 Posted September 11 I have just update to 4.10.0.40 on my Synology DSM 218J using the file named below. emby-server-synology7_4.10.0.40_armv7 Now I am unable to restart Emby it gives an error failed to start and when I attempt it overwhelms my NAS and I have to do a hard reset. Help!!
Luke 43183 Posted September 11 Posted September 11 Hi, is any emby server log file generated? How to Report a Problem
Paulguk 5 Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 I have extracted the logs using SSH and can supply them. There are 5 text files. Following guidence using Google AI I have already tried the following: Checking for any plugins and there were none. I have renamed system.xml to system.old I have uninstalled and re installed the latest version but it makes no difference The only way to get control of my NAS back is to kill Emby using SSH
Paulguk 5 Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 In your link it says logs would not be sanitized if obtained directly from the logs folder and should not be uploaded in the forums. How do I get them to you? I can let you know that since I last posted I have backed up my configuration to a backup and deleted the Embyserver folder at volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer. I'm assuming that I am now starting on a clean sheet but when I install the file again it takes ages to install and I'm back to the same situation of it freezing. If I install the previous version and restore the backup is that likely to work?
heffeque 99 Posted September 11 Posted September 11 Just send a PM if you don't want to post them here.
Paulguk 5 Posted September 13 Author Posted September 13 I tried a clean install of the new version after uninstalling it and deleting the EmbyServer folder. It still hung up my NAS so I deleted everything and reinstalled the last version and I’m all working again. I’ll be interested to see if there is an issue or whether it’s just on my NAS. 1
Luke 43183 Posted September 14 Posted September 14 On 9/13/2026 at 8:00 AM, Paulguk said: I tried a clean install of the new version after uninstalling it and deleting the EmbyServer folder. It still hung up my NAS so I deleted everything and reinstalled the last version and I’m all working again. I’ll be interested to see if there is an issue or whether it’s just on my NAS. OK we'll go over them. Thanks.
Luke 43183 Posted September 14 Posted September 14 The logs are all from 4.9.5. It doesn't look like the 4.10 server ever started. Could you have installed the wrong architecture?
Paulguk 5 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 The version I installed was emby-server-synology7_4.10.0.40_armv7 My NAS is a DS218J
heffeque 99 Posted September 14 Posted September 14 (edited) 3 hours ago, Paulguk said: DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 9 Not trying to be nosy... just curious: why are you keeping your DS218J on such an old DSM? I have both the DS918+ and the DS418J on 7.4.1 and they're both working fine (and more secure, since they have the latest security patches). Edit: You don't even need to perform any intermediate updates to reach it, you can even go directly to the 7.4.1: Edited September 14 by heffeque 1
mikeraburn 72 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago @heffeque You can be nosy ANYTIME. I did not know I could go up to 7.41-90080 manually! I was having issues getting Emby Server running on my 216play also UNTIL you pushed me into the correct direction. You da bestests! 1
heffeque 99 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, mikeraburn said: @heffeque You can be nosy ANYTIME. I did not know I could go up to 7.41-90080 manually! I was having issues getting Emby Server running on my 216play also UNTIL you pushed me into the correct direction. You da bestests! Glad to hear that upgrading to 7.4 made your old NAS work better! We've got ancient hardware my friend. We need all the wins we can get
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now