lbkBrad 5 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 I found an audio issue in my roku app I thought I'd mention. I do consider this very low priority (if I'm playing music on either home stereo, I'm more likely to be playing Spotify). OK, so I have thousands of audio files - all MP3 or WMA. These have always played fine on: Plex/roku, Sharp mini-stereo, Honda car stereo, Pioneer car stereo (those last 3 via USB). I usually keep all types of transcoding disabled where possible. in Emby right now, the MP3 files are playing fine, but the WMA files show 'unsupported audio format'. The other day while I temporarily had transcoding enabled, I remembered to re-test and the WMA files played fine. It occured to me most of my WMA files are variable bit-rate and I wondered if that had anything to do with it (maybe that's not even supported). Anyway, that is the issue (and yes, I am aware that audio transcoding usually isn't very intensive), so if I left out any needed details, let me know.
Luke 43168 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!
speechles 2114 Posted September 5 Posted September 5 @lbkBradThank you for reporting the issue. Apologies too. Roku has abandoned support for the WMA/WMAPRO codec in their latest firmwares. I have confirmed this on my devices which received that newest firmware. We can adapt to match that change. I have submitted a fix to the team for this issue. If you find any other problems, mistakes or something where it is not working correctly do not feel afraid to let us know. We appreciate this kind of post. Thanks again.
lbkBrad 5 Posted September 5 Author Posted September 5 thank you for that info speechles! I wasn't aware, but that sounds great and good call! ....and understood Luke on how to report these going forward. 1
ebr 16830 Posted September 5 Posted September 5 21 hours ago, speechles said: Roku has abandoned support for the WMA/WMAPRO codec in their latest firmwares If this is the case, how are we going to adjust given this? 23 hours ago, lbkBrad said: I usually keep all types of transcoding disabled It looks to me like things are working as they should but to play this audio will now require server conversion. 23 hours ago, lbkBrad said: but the WMA files show 'unsupported audio format'.
lbkBrad 5 Posted September 6 Author Posted September 6 It sounds like maybe this is a bigger issue and I don't want to cause any problems. Since Roku has dropped support, I may just have to go ahead and do some batch conversions and get everything MP3. Even though it's a bunch of folders, I bet if I find the right utility, it won't be terrible. That will be my plan at this point. Thanks all for your attention on this.
user24 412 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 (edited) Many years ago, I used fre:ac to convert some WMA lossless files to FLAC. It would likely bulk convert to MP3 as well. https://www.freac.org/ There's probably many other conversion apps to choose from as well, and this may not be the best now??? I still use it sometimes for converting hi-res FLAC to 16/44 FLAC. Perhaps fre:ac is one option you can investigate? Edited September 6 by user24
lbkBrad 5 Posted September 6 Author Posted September 6 I've seen that name before....ok, I'll check it out. thanks.
lbkBrad 5 Posted 38 minutes ago Author Posted 38 minutes ago I've started converting to MP3 and I seem to have an artwork issue: Emby does not appear to be pulling any album cover-art. I figure I have some settings wrong and am looking for some tips hopefully. Here's details: -each new MP3 subfolder is an album -my metadata tags are good including all artist/album/year tags updated (no artwork imported during conversion) -if it matters, file name is usually the song name but subfolder name is a custom scheme -during song playback, a 'generic' artist background loads; in the web interface, this same generic background is shown for all songs/folders/albums; in the Roku app, album folders show no art -library settings: real-time monitoring on (have also manually scanned); all artist/album metadata providers on; all album/artist image fetchers on; save artwork into media folders on; download images in advance off -confirmed the emby system acct has read-write to the music-library share Since images don't download in advance, I wasn't sure if manual scans or meta-refreshes really did anything. Also, I'm not sure what kinds of files should get saved into the folders (jpg?). So those maybe some things, but if anyone spots a problem with these, let me know. Thanks.
Luke 43168 Posted 34 minutes ago Posted 34 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, lbkBrad said: I've started converting to MP3 and I seem to have an artwork issue: Emby does not appear to be pulling any album cover-art. I figure I have some settings wrong and am looking for some tips hopefully. Here's details: -each new MP3 subfolder is an album -my metadata tags are good including all artist/album/year tags updated (no artwork imported during conversion) -if it matters, file name is usually the song name but subfolder name is a custom scheme -during song playback, a 'generic' artist background loads; in the web interface, this same generic background is shown for all songs/folders/albums; in the Roku app, album folders show no art -library settings: real-time monitoring on (have also manually scanned); all artist/album metadata providers on; all album/artist image fetchers on; save artwork into media folders on; download images in advance off -confirmed the emby system acct has read-write to the music-library share Since images don't download in advance, I wasn't sure if manual scans or meta-refreshes really did anything. Also, I'm not sure what kinds of files should get saved into the folders (jpg?). So those maybe some things, but if anyone spots a problem with these, let me know. Thanks. HI there, can you please provide a specific example? How to Report a Problem Thanks !
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now