Jump to content

Recommended Posts

eagleeye208
Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I’m excited to share the initial beta release of the AFI-100 plugin for Emby! My ultimate goal is to submit this for inclusion in the official Emby plugin catalog, but first, I want to make sure it is thoroughly tested, reliable, and genuinely useful for the community.

The Background For film buffs and collectors who love cinema history, the American Film Institute’s "100 Years... 100 Movies" lists are the gold standard for tracking iconic cinema. While Emby already provides powerful collection and tagging tools, curating these specific historic lists has traditionally meant manually looking up ranks, creating custom collections by hand, and cross-referencing external websites to see which classics you own.

The Solution The AFI-100 plugin enhances Emby’s existing collection features by automating that curation. It evaluates your movie library against the official AFI lists, seamlessly builds the dedicated collections, and highlights qualifying films with their rank and recognition year. It provides an effortless way to celebrate cinema history in your library and see how your collection stacks up—completely automated and integrated with Emby.

I’ve attached the compiled .dll to this post for anyone interested in testing it out. Please drop it into your server's plugins directory, take it for a spin, and let me know how it works for you. Any feedback, testing on different library setups, or bug reports will be invaluable as we polish it up for the official catalog submission!

Privacy & Security One important design choice for this plugin is that it is completely self-contained. It requires zero external network activity—there are no outbound API calls, external database dependencies, or telemetry. All AFI milestone data and logic are bundled directly into the plugin itself, meaning your server’s library data and viewing habits never leave your local environment. It is lightweight, respects your privacy, and runs entirely offline.

The full source code can be viewed on GitHub as well: https://github.com/bespokedb/AFI-100-Plugin
 

AFI - Collection.png

AFI - Plugin Icon.png

AFI - Poster (Primary Image).png

Emby.Plugin.Afi100.dll

 

AFI - Plugin Config.png

Edited by eagleeye208
Add Plugin-Config Window
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
eagleeye208
Posted

Any feedback on this plugin?

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
MajesticMaerlyn
Posted

About to test it, and your BespokeDB - just downloaded today.

Will let you know how it goes, any feedback etc.

But I look the idea of these - I personally run a seperate library with my Criterion versions, independant of other libraries, but I would much prefer a solution like this.

Cheers

  • Thanks 1
MajesticMaerlyn
Posted

These both work fantastic. Sorry I didn't want to post across both threads if that is OK.

I initially misunderstood the BespokeDB - for some reason I thought it was similiar to this one, but then I realised it was a metadata & image source. Anyway, so far absolutely no issues with either. My Criterion Collection is about 600 movies and it seems to have not any issues with it. The A24 worked a treat as well and was able to use the studio tags perfectly.

If I run into any issues with any of these I will update in the correct threads. But so far absolutely loving them both. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...