Abdelrahman9 1 Posted March 25, 2025 Posted March 25, 2025 Hi, I'm new to emby and i'm having some trouble with the plugin catalog. I keep getting the spinning wheel and nothing loads. Here's the log file if it helps. embyserver.txt
Happy2Play 9840 Posted March 25, 2025 Posted March 25, 2025 Is your system up to date? 2025-03-25 11:56:33.126 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Abdelrahman9 1 Posted March 25, 2025 Author Posted March 25, 2025 2 hours ago, Happy2Play said: Is your system up to date? 2025-03-25 11:56:33.126 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. Yes, I have the latest windows update and the latest version of emby
Luke 43231 Posted March 25, 2025 Posted March 25, 2025 Hi, the server can't seem to send any outgoing requests, so the problem is not limited to just the plugin catalog. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software or VPN. Can you look into those and let us know what you find? Thanks !
Abdelrahman9 1 Posted March 25, 2025 Author Posted March 25, 2025 3 hours ago, Luke said: Hi, the server can't seem to send any outgoing requests, so the problem is not limited to just the plugin catalog. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software or VPN. Can you look into those and let us know what you find? Thanks ! I don't use a vpn and the server process is trusted in Kaspersky, what should i test next?
Abdelrahman9 1 Posted March 25, 2025 Author Posted March 25, 2025 24 minutes ago, Luke said: You could try disabling ipv6 in your router. I turned off Kaspersy and it worked. Thank u for your help 1
horstepipe 431 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago (edited) Hi @Luke I moved to Emby for Docker. I can't reach the plugin catalogue, seeing this error: "Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out" So I changed the existing DisableOutgoingIPv6 setting in /config/config/system.xml from false to true while the container was stopped. This causes Emby to exit immediately. Log doesn't really help, I am seeing just three lines there: 2026-10-04 15:21:41.073 Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll 2026-10-04 15:21:41.120 Info NetworkManager: Adding event handler for NetworkChange.NetworkAddressChanged 2026-10-04 15:21:41.258 Info Main: Shutdown complete I moved back to my local instance on the same host and it is working fine there. I am using --network host parameter for docker. Everything else seems to work fine there. BR Edited 3 hours ago by horstepipe
Luke 43231 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, horstepipe said: Hi @Luke I moved to Emby for Docker. I can't reach the plugin catalogue, seeing this error: "Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out" So I changed the existing DisableOutgoingIPv6 setting in /config/config/system.xml from false to true while the container was stopped. This causes Emby to exit immediately. Log doesn't really help, I am seeing just three lines there: 2026-10-04 15:21:41.073 Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll 2026-10-04 15:21:41.120 Info NetworkManager: Adding event handler for NetworkChange.NetworkAddressChanged 2026-10-04 15:21:41.258 Info Main: Shutdown complete I moved back to my local instance on the same host and it is working fine there. I am using --network host parameter for docker. Everything else seems to work fine there. BR You could try setting the option in the ui instead of the config file. 1
horstepipe 431 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago thanks working now. I had copied the system.xml from local instance to docker instance. So there was a permission error for system.xml. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now