Jump to content

LiveTV stops playing after a short period of time


Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Unraid 6.12.4
12th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-12100 @ 3267 MHz
32GB RAM
1TB NVME
Emby 4.7.14.0 (linuxserver's repo)
Hdhomerun Flex 4k

Emby and FFmpeq logs attached.

I have an Hdhomerun Flex 4k and am trying to stream live TV.  TV plays fine for a few minutes (sometimes seconds) and then freezes.  Going back and reselecting the channel will generally get it going again but still only for a short time.  I occasionally get a message about the media not being supported but again going back and selecting the channel again appears to work for a short time.

I see the behavior in windows firefox, chrome,  jellyfin app and the Firestick jellyfin app.

The stream from the hdhomerun works fine using windows VLC media player and directly on the hdhomerun app.

"Enable hardware acceleration when available" is set to yes under transcoding.
"Allow hardware transcoding" is on the the hdhomerun TV Source settings

Disabling either of the transcoding settings does not seem to make a difference (but happy to try again)

I see quite a few "incorrect timestamps" entries in the logs so I made sure the time was the same on both machines (within the minute at any rate).

Thanks for help.  Let me know what other info I might need to provide.

-bill

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b8f6189f-ec57-4e42-a0e9-74302d7b3cc1_1.txt

Edited by billbo
  • Solution
Posted
Quote

"Allow hardware transcoding" is on the the hdhomerun TV Source settings

Hi, if you turn this off how do things compare?

  • Like 1
Posted

Well <explicative/> that seems to have worked...at least it has run much longer. Could have sworn I tried that toggled off and on separately but evidently not.

If the problem crops up again I will update with new logs. But it's already at nearly the longest time I had so far.

Thank you.

-bill

 

  • Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...
I Love to try new things
Posted

Hi all,

Having the same issue but NOTHING I do will fix the problem. Been working on this since the latest update 14.10. Live TV streams perfect from VLC  so I know it's not the tuner. Before the update, live tv was working pretty well. I could really use some help before I pull out the remaining hair I have. 

My hardware setup: 

Asus Z690 gaming motherboard with 32GB of DDR5, I-9 12900 CPU,  Asus 3080 RTX GPU and EVERYTHING in my home is CAT6 connected. OS is installed on a Predator NVME 2.0. As you can see, it's probably not a lack of power. Please remember, all of this started DIRECTLY after the Emby update. 

OS is Ubuntu 26.04 up to date, and Emby is also up to date. 

Looking for suggestions that I may have missed. 

Thank you. 

Greg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...