Custom profile not recognised.

MrFlux

MrFlux

Hi! I've got a few devices in my house I use DLNA for (generally kids TVs where the app isn't available), and I'm trying to create a custom DLNA profile to give them their own library as opposed to the parents one. I've created a new custom profile using the info from the logs when connecting, currently testing with BubbleUpnp on my android phone. 

I've put in everything from the logs to identify the device in the new profile (not worried about codecs and suuch at this point), however the device continues to get the default profile. If I set the default profile to a different one, it instantly updates on the device. I also noticed the Model Description field doesn't stick in the profile settings after saving, despite showing up in the logs.

Here's the detail about the device from the logs:

2021-07-07 10:22:22.200 Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for BubbleUPnP (SM-G960F) - BubbleUPnP Media Renderer. Description url: http://192.168.2.5:58645/dev/2a49a2d9-2dee-4cfa-9a86-247cf96381c5/desc.xml
2021-07-07 10:22:40.596 Info Dlna: Using default profile for:
	DeviceDescription:
	FriendlyName:BubbleUPnP (SM-G960F)
	Manufacturer:Bubblesoft
	ManufacturerUrl:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1118891
	ModelDescription:BubbleUPnP Media Renderer
	ModelName:BubbleUPnP Media Renderer
	ModelNumber:3.5.3
	ModelUrl:
	SerialNumber:
2021-07-07 10:22:40.646 Info Dlna: Device GetProtocolInfoResponse Source: 
2021-07-07 10:22:40.647 Info Dlna: Device GetProtocolInfoResponse Sink: 

Here's what the newly created profile looks like.

image.thumb.png.8e7b22f8505947ce3c4683666ec96fe1.png

After closing and reopening it, the Model Description field is blank again.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

@MrFlux if you are browsing from the TV then you also need to supply identification via http headers. Have you done that in the profile editor?

MrFlux

Hi @Luke, no I missed that part. That'll be it then. Is there a way I can extract the correct header I need from the log files once I've connected with a device? Thanks!

MrFlux

All good, I found what I needed after a bit of forum trawling. For anyone else wanting to create a DLNA profile, the bit in the log file is this (was on mine anyway)

2021-07-17 15:31:38.112 Debug Dlna: Control request. Headers: Connection=Keep-Alive, Content-Type=text/xml;charset=utf-8, Host=192.168.2.100:8096, User-Agent=Android/10 UPnP/1.0 BubbleUPnP/3.5.3.1, Content-Length=469, Soapaction="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#Browse"

In the device profile, under HTTP Headers I had to add the name field as User-Agent and the Value to "Android/10 UPnP/1.0 BubbleUPnP/3.5.3.1". Match type set to substring. All other settings left as default apart from the device description stuff in the 1st post. 

After setting that it picked up my device profile and assigned the correct profile. 

Thanks @Luke for pointing me in the right direction.