dlna Settings

Grimbrother

Grimbrother

emby dlna is no longer working and i cant figure out why. It was was working yesterday and now does not show on any roku i have. What are the original dlna settings in the server? Any idea whynit would just stop working?

Happy2Play

OT: Any reason you are not using the Free Emby for Roku client?

Devs may need to see the server log.

Grimbrother

I am but if internet is down i use Dlna.   plex work fine with Dlna but I dont like the interface 

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Grimbrother said:

I would also like to know the best settings for Dlna in emby

Each device profile is set to the best setting potentially.  Every device has different capabilities.  So that could be impossible to answer.

Grimbrother

Dlna just stopped showing up. Was working yesterday.  What is the original client discovery interval setting.   Want to put settings back to original 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Grimbrother said:

What is the original client discovery interval setting.   Want to put settings back to original 

19 hours ago, Grimbrother said:

Sometimes it shows for a min then disappears 

Shows for a minute where exactly?

Grimbrother

For instance PLex is always active but Emby isn't no matter what I do. Will show for a few seconds then gone 

Why are you using DLNA on your Roku? You do not have to do this. Our application works without the internet. Plex application does not. Emby for Roku works perfectly fine when you have no internet. It does require validation for Live TV features occasionally. But for all other features the internet is not required to use the application. You do not have to resort to DLNA.

To use without internet DO NOT USE EMBY CONNECT to login. Manually log in with your server address found on the Emby dashboard.

We have a full featured Roku application with everything Emby. You lose the Emby using DLNA and get a watered down experience on Roku. Especially using Roku Media Player. You are going to be limited by the interface that application uses. You want to use the Emby for Roku and enjoy properly.

https://emby.media/emby-for-roku.html
( note: the screens you see on the website are old. The app has a fresher look than presently shown )

You can also use the BETA found here: Emby Beta for Roku

There will not be the issues you find using DLNA when using the Emby app on your Roku. Any issues you find with either app please let us know

Edited by speechles

We can still troubleshoot Dlna though. If you'd like to do that, then please attach the emby server log from when this happens as previously requested. thanks.

Grimbrother

Thanks. I will try the manual log in. Just want to access server if internet is down