Missing Guide Data - ATSC 3.0 Channels (Charlotte, NC)

Pancho

Pancho

Charlotte, NC went live this past Tuesday (6/29) with several ATSC 3.0 channels (attached).   How long does it take for the Emby Guide (Gracenote) to populate the new channels?

Thanks.

Pancho

CLT ATSC Channels.jpg

Edited by Pancho

Hi, Give it a couple weeks for them to report this and make it's way through the process.
If it's not live then we can report it to our provider for follow up.

Typically however, you already have the guide data on the HD channel which should be the same broadcast as the ATSC 4 just lower resolution so you can map to that channel instead.

• 2 weeks later...
Pancho

Cayars,

Touching base on this.   Unfortunately, after several weeks, still have no Guide data for the new ATSC 3.0 channels here in Charlotte, NC.   Can you submit a request to Gracenote?  

Thanks.

Pancho

Aren't they the same channels in your lineup without the 1 in front?

WAXN for example is 64.1 and 164.1 in your pic.  Just use the HD mapping.

clarkss12
5 hours ago, Pancho said:

Cayars,

Touching base on this.   Unfortunately, after several weeks, still have no Guide data for the new ATSC 3.0 channels here in Charlotte, NC.   Can you submit a request to Gracenote?  

Thanks.

Pancho

What playback device are you using to get audio from Emby??

Pancho

Cayars--

Remapped the channels, working fine.   Thank you.

Clarkss12--

I am unable to use Emby for any of the ATSC 3.0 channels due to the limitation of FFMPEG which still does not support AC4 audio.   I know this is the bottleneck for most apps.   I tried my Windows10 workstation (Emby Theater) where I have the AC4 codec installed (purchase from the Windows store) with no luck.    The only solution I have found is to use the Silicon Dust HDHomerun app on Win 10 or Nvidia Shield 2019 model to watch those channels (with AC4 audio).  

The 2021 Olympics  this week are supposed to broadcast in 4K.  Will see if that happens for my area. 

Pancho

Edited by Pancho

@Pancho, we don't have ATSC 3.0 in the Phila area yet so I haven't been able to play yet.

Are you able to successfully record a show/movie using Emby Server that's an ATSC 3.0 broadcast?
If so, are you able to play it back after recording is done in Theater?
If you can record a show could you do me a favor and record the last 5 minutes of a movie or show (so file isn't too big) and post it for me to have to use for a couple of tests?

Have you tried using an external player for Live TV to see if you can play the ATSC 3.0 this way?

I'm looking forward to the 2021/2022 Olympics myself and wish I could watch them in 4K as well.

clarkss12

Recording the ATSC 3.0 channels is not an issue, the audio playback is the issue.   Luke just commented that the next server would support the AC-4 audio......

I make a small clip of an ATSC 3.0 recording, if you want to try it.

Here is the mediainfo for that recorded clip.

The Neighborhood S03E14 Welcome to the Hero.ts.txt

The goal is to "try" and get this into the next server version. :)

Any chance you can post a small ATSC 3 recording?