Can the Roku app search the contents of my local Emby server?

Bingie

Bingie

It would be nice, when I ask Roku to find a movie, that it searches my Emby server as well.  Is this even possible?

Unfortunately, I think the answer is no. If you mean the "Roku Voice Search" which is started by using the microphone button on your Roku and speaking into your remote.

But.. you can use "Emby Search" via the magnifying glass which is found on the top right corner of the Emby Roku application. Find the magnifying glass. Depending on whether you search from the home screen or search from within a library view this will constrain the search results. If you search from "Home" it will include all results as Home = Global. If you search from within a library view it will constrain to results from within that library. The further you drill down into results the search will constrain itself. This is a feature.

We will be enhancing the "Voice Controls" that can be controlled from the Roku to enhance Emby. But the Voice Search is for content providing partners only. Since Emby does not host content and allows administrators (like you) to host their own content we at Emby cannot be included inside Roku native voice search results because we have no content (you do, we don't). We cannot share content into Roku voice search results because of this. We hope you understand. Roku wants to spotlight (the order results appear in) content providers with voice search. We must exist without this feature. Apologies.

Edited by speechles

Bingie

Hi, thanks for the response, and yes I understand, my private collection isn't a published service that Roku can index, like Netflix.

I was hoping though, you don't get if you don't ask :P

cheers