can't add a media library

weyb
Go to solution Solved by weyb,

weyb

Hello,

I had Emby Server installed on my DS414 since many years.

but i had to replace 3 of my 4 HDDs, so I had to re-create my volume... and lost all the packages installed, ie Emby Server

i installed it again tonight with this link https://emby.media/synology-server.html

I create an account which I had before, but then, I can't add a media library 😞

when I click on "Add", I have a window listing all the directories on my NAS, I can see "volume1", so I choose it, then I can see all the sub-directories such as "video"

but when I click on "video" for example, all disappears in the field - which is empty then

I tried to write it by myself, ie. "/volume1/video/Sagas" but then I have a popup telling me :

"The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again."

I tried with \\DISKSTATION\volume1\... or the @IP, it's the same result...

what wrong did I do ??

regards

Quick question for you since you're basically starting over with your NAS.  What version of DSM are you currently running?

If DSM 6, I'd suggest stopping your install and upgrade the box to DSM 7 if possible since it was just released and will save you migration issues down the road when you do update DSM since it's different now.

weyb

Hello,

i have DSM DSM 6.2.4-25556

how do i upgrade to DSM 7 please ?

as i checked via the control panel, it said that my version was updated

thanx in advance

16 minutes ago, weyb said:

how do i upgrade to DSM 7 please ?

Top post in this Synology section

There is a video you can download and watch along with instructions.  The video does not show the 2 SSH commands being done but will be obvious how to do it.

You can watch the video once first (about 10 minutes) and then follow the instructions with the video while doing the migration.

Let us know if you have any issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

as you maybe saw, i started the upgrade but i'm stuck & posted a message in the right thread

I have an other pb : i can't re-install nzbget anymore, DSM 7 tells me to contact the developper :( (i think it's because nzbget dosen't run on DSM7)

have you a solution please ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi,

so I succeeded in downloading the video on

I looked at it - what I had done was correct & finally, everything seems ok now ! I could add media libraries in Emby Server !

Emby is running since yesterday evening, i have to see if my videos are visible in Emby server & emby client 😉

regards