Using embedded music metadata Styles

snacks03

Vicpa

Hi,

You can say it another way STYLE is a track tag.

Select the tracks that have XYZ style.

Don't group just show a list of songs another base view Table or list

Group them by some unique category: That Shows off all the UI.

Albums, Artist, AlbumArtist, Composer, Genre, 

Emby Team you have received alot of good feedback and suggestions!!

thanks

-vicpa

BTW a quick user poll of what Categories they would be interested in seems straight forward. Purely to gage community interest not to commit to anything. 

"S&G" ..........AI Marketing speak:

"Discover the excitement surrounding our newest initiative, where your input influences what comes next—

consider what other Music/Audio Categories: The Emby Team should contemplate for future development."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

user24
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 1:35 AM, Vicpa said:

BTW a quick user poll of what Categories they would be interested in seems straight forward. Purely to gage community interest not to commit to anything. 

@Vicpa Perhaps you could start a new Feature Request Forum Topic on New Music Category Suggestions, with some guidelines, so that the thread doesn't become just another general "Music Improvements" catch-all topic, that doesn't get any real community traction or much Emby attention. I would contribute straight away!!! (I don't want to start it, because it's essentially your idea.)

You could be the champion (if you wanted to) to keep a Master Category List properly updated and ranked, as suggestions are given, and keep the topic focussed and on track. Then, hopefully Emby would give it due consideration?

Beyond Style, I have at least 4 key music categories that I would like to see implemented. (I'm not going list the 4 here, because this topic is Styles.) They are all mentioned scattered about in other posts/threads, mostly initiated by others. A consolidated wishlist from a wide range of community members would be most interesting. 

At the moment, there is really only the option of using Genres and Tags (in non-ideal workaround ways) to gain extra Categories that are not in Emby now, but readily available in competitor offerings.

where your input influences what comes next

There are many very knowledgeable community members that could contribute greatly to this and give Emby a good 'headstart' for designing future improvements. What do you think?

Edited by user24
  • Agree 1

user24
Posted (edited)

This is another good point...

You can say it another way STYLE is a track tag.

If the Tags summary page was divided into Emby-defined Tag Groups (somewhat similar to the individual Genres page layout now), then it would be possible to add more specific tag categories, without the need to add them to the top Music menu, for easy access.

The existing catch-all Tag category could become "General" Tags and there would then be the potential for as many extra Tag categories as required, over time. The main Tags page could show, e.g.:

• General Tags
  • Styles
  • New Category 1
  • New Category 2

Then, the next level down would show (e.g.) the Styles summary page.

All these newly defined Tag categories could then subsequently be listed as sub-sections under the About section at the bottom of the relevant pages, similarly to how Tags is now (as mentioned in a previous post).

Then, there would be much less need to use the existing Genres and Tags in non-ideal ways to gain more tag-like categories.

Edited by user24
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Vicpa
On 2/27/2022 at 1:30 PM, Vicpa said:

Hii @Luke

Maybe a little different but thoughts on "Style" as Type of Tag ? You would have to add type to the tag format. Display it how/wherever, but on the "Tags Tab" group display by type. Types could be a more generic as work for movies & tv as well as music.

-vicpa

@user24 your suggestion will work as well. In 2022 above that's what I was getting at.

Tags

• Styles
    • Content (albums)
  • New Category 1 
  • New Category 2

-vicpa

• Like 1