Music Default Views

Tipuana

Tipuana

Yes, but you have to do it for every artist (I have close to 500 artists) and even if I were to grind through them one by one, as you suggest, it resets to the default "Primary" when I log out. 

Hence my original question:  How to set the default view for all artists to "List".

BB

Which screen is it you are trying to change this for?  I thought you meant the artist or album artist tabs.

Tipuana

I'm in "Artst" view and that is set to list.  That's fine - I have a list of artists. 

If I then select an artist that artist opens in "Primary" view.  I can change it to list, but i have to do that artist, by artist and as I said when I logout it all reverts to "Primary", because that is the defaukt view for each artist.  I want to make that default "List".

Then if I select an album under an artist, I want that album also to display as a "List" - by default.

On a phone display the "Primary" view is just to big to be useful.

BB

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 1:25 PM, Tipuana said:

I'm in "Artst" view and that is set to list.  That's fine - I have a list of artists. 

If I then select an artist that artist opens in "Primary" view.  I can change it to list, but i have to do that artist, by artist and as I said when I logout it all reverts to "Primary", because that is the defaukt view for each artist.  I want to make that default "List".

Then if I select an album under an artist, I want that album also to display as a "List" - by default.

On a phone display the "Primary" view is just to big to be useful.

BB

Hi, can you please show a screenshot example? Because clicking an artist brings you to the artist detail screen. It sounds like you're actually referring to folder browsing here.

Tipuana

OK – To set the scene.  For preference, I generally use Folders View for everything.  It displays much more information on a small screen.  On the server all my Folder names = Artist names and each folder contains that artist’s albums.

So, from the initial Folders list view I select an artist folder.  That folder always opens in “Primary” view, which seems to = “Disc” view.  I want it to open by default in “List” view.  Obviously, I can change the view for any individual Artist/Folder manually (via ... menu)  but what I was asking for was a way to either make the “Primary” view “List” instead of “Disc” or some other way of globally changing the default view.

Does that make sense?  I’m not sure what screen shots would help, but I’m happy to send whatever you ask for.

On 7/8/2021 at 5:14 AM, Tipuana said:

OK – To set the scene.  For preference, I generally use Folders View for everything.  It displays much more information on a small screen.  On the server all my Folder names = Artist names and each folder contains that artist’s albums.

So, from the initial Folders list view I select an artist folder.  That folder always opens in “Primary” view, which seems to = “Disc” view.  I want it to open by default in “List” view.  Obviously, I can change the view for any individual Artist/Folder manually (via ... menu)  but what I was asking for was a way to either make the “Primary” view “List” instead of “Disc” or some other way of globally changing the default view.

Does that make sense?  I’m not sure what screen shots would help, but I’m happy to send whatever you ask for.

There is currently no way to change the default, but this is something that's come up before and is possible for the future. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Luke said:

There is currently no way to change the default, but this is something that's come up before and is possible for the future. Thanks.

I would appreciate that too, thanks.