Erratic Scanning Issues

CassTG

CassTG

So decided to do one Final Test on the Spare Server

I set up a new Docker but this time i Used Emby's own Beta 4.7.0.3 Docker instead of LinuxServers

Scanning the same Library has been running for about 10 Minutes and has reached nearly 40% and scanned in over 2000 items so this version seems to be running fine so far

Question is can i ditch Linuxservers current 4.6 docker and install Embys own beta Docker using the same paths for config and mounts on the already scanned in Library, will this cause any issues down the line or is it even doable

4 hours ago, CassTG said:

Question is can i ditch Linuxservers current 4.6 docker and install Embys own beta Docker using the same paths for config and mounts on the already scanned in Library, will this cause any issues down the line or is it even doable

I think you'll be fine, but it's not something we've been testing. Thanks for the feedback.

CassTG
Just now, Luke said:

I think you'll be fine, but it's not something we've been testing. Thanks for the feedback.

Yes i ran a test on spare server, no problems apparent items started and played fine

Interestingly i think the issue with the scan hanging is with partly Google not emby.

I don't know how emby handles scanning on a low level, but it appears if an rclone gdrive mount has a temp folder ban applied to it (limit reached), then Emby gets stuck there retrying hence the scan does not proceed.

I tested without one Library as mentioned above and it scans fine and very fast, add the one affected  rclone mount which seems to be having issues and the scan hangs as before

CassTG

Yep, wonder how feasible it is that if it gets to a folder which has a temp ban on it, that if the scanner cannot grab the required parts of the file  to analyise that say after 3 attempts it skips to next folder. Seems that because it can List the entry as google places no ban on listing folders and files, but blocks the get command (how the block is applied by api) it gets stuck and repeats trying

The problem is that the requests never actually come back, meaning they never succeed or fail, and that is the reason for the issue. We'll be updating to a newer. Net core version soon and that may help with this.

• Like 1