M3U URL Allows setup but provides no data

Opti

Have IPTV provider. M3U link works fine in Smarter Android app. 

When adding as a M3U TV source on server it initially stated couldn't connect to provider.
I edited the link:
From "http://ProviderSite:8080/get.php?username=XXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=mpegts "
to  "http://ProviderSite:8080/get.php?username=XXXX&password=XXXX"

It then accepts that and allows me to add the EPG as the same. 
There were 1000's in VOD so I appended "vod=false" to try that and still didn't work.
Further I then edited m3u in Xtream to only provide ~350 channels and used the URL's from that. 

All end in it accepting the source but providing nothing in EPG and Channels show nothing either. 

What am I missing here? 

Log attached is about 40 seconds. Server coming up after restart, me adding TV source, me attempting to look at channel list. 
(IPTV provider address changed in log)  

NB: The port map error is the only thing that stands out but UPNP is enabled on machine and this happens on every reboot. Also this happens before i even add a TV source. 

image.png.e8ec96f5c62940954a93cd0fbf42b0ae.png

image.thumb.png.89b2414fa8d67f698e807219df43f8de.png

EmbyServerLog.txt

If you take the URL you have entered in the above picture and paste it in a web browser does it download the m3u file?

BillOatman

Hi.  Every provider I have ever seen uses this parameter

&output=ts

You have 

3 hours ago, Opti said:

&output=mpegts

You might want to check with your provider on what it is supposed to be.  That could explain why no video is playing.  

If I try URL with just username and password in a browser I just get a blank page. 
I have tried various different things appended on the end "vod=false" "Output=ts" "output=ts" Type=m3u_plus"

The original URL from provider is http://IPTVProvider:8080/get.php?username=XXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=mpegts
All variations "Work" as long as i dont include "type=m3u_plus"

I still just get 0 channels showing in Emby setup. 
Again this appears to work fine on Smarters Pro android app entering the URL and UN/PS. 

The url with just UN/PS also shows in Xtream editor with 2500 channels and allowed me to edit the m3u so i'm inclined to believe the URL is fine. 

Thanks for responses so far. Could do with getting this sorted. 

Emby won't work until you have a valid URL to use which is why I suggest pre-testing in a browser.  If you can download the m3u file via browser then Emby should be able to at least import it.

Open the m3u file to make sure it has valid content and not an error message of some kind.

Edited by cayars

Sorry i'm probably being thick here.

If i can get the URL to come up on xtream editor and show the whole channel list/allow me to edit + it works fine using the URL on Smarters Pro app then why would it just show a blank page in the browser/not show in Emby?

Thats what I'm not understanding.

1 hour ago, Opti said:

Sorry i'm probably being thick here.

If i can get the URL to come up on xtream editor and show the whole channel list/allow me to edit + it works fine using the URL on Smarters Pro app then why would it just show a blank page in the browser/not show in Emby?

Thats what I'm not understanding.

What is the URL that xtream editor gives you to use?

Dead issue - can close thread. 

Tried different provider and it has worked with exact same url format as i first posted.

Apparently this persons vpn/tunneling was blocking and they dont usually provide m3u links. 

Thanks anyway